The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
speedingpenguin

How do your FSBO/FRBO calls typically go?

Been making lots of calls to FSBO and FRBO's, and I'm curious how other people handle their calls?

How far in to the call does the seller learn that you're not looking for a place to rent-to-own for yourself?

For those who have a real estate license, how do you handle "Are you a real estate agent?" types of questions?

Do you typically get a commitment on the first call with a seller?

I've been getting the basic info about the house and the sellers situation first (basic info about the house, it's condition, why they're selling, how they got to the price) and then I'll ask them if they would consider leasing the property for a while and then selling it (or if they'd consider selling it if it's a rental).

I've sent off some offers, made follow-up phone calls, etc. but am having a hard time getting any sort of commitment or even a "No" from the people who are interested.

That's why I prefer emailing to calling, Chris. The homeowner knows from the jump that I am not looking to move in myself and that I am offering some type of service. No need to spend time on the phone talking with someone who isn't interested in what I'm offering.

I'm not a Realtor, so if I'm asked I just tell them that I'm not.

If, after the homeowner has received my emails and is then still interested, we will talk on the phone with my goal being to send them an offer.