The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
colehaynes

Do this and you should get a deal!

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to pass along an email I sent out that has helped me get 4 sellers VERY interested in working with me, one already signed up.

I know a lot of you here email to craigslist ads to try and solicit business. I have just started using this technique three months ago, but sticking pretty close to 20 emails per day, 5 X per week. I use the two email approach and any time I get a decent response off of the initial email I follow up with the second email explaining the program. I created a few separate email folders, one of them is labeled "not interested/contact later." That is for the seller who replies with something like, "I would really prefer to sell and be done with it."

I know that is unlikely and they just need some time to become motivated. I just move the email conversation to that folder to come back to it later.

I had a little delay with my printing company who is sending out my brochures(finally went out today). So to try and drum up some deals while waiting I sent every person in that email folder an email(only about 30):

Elly,

I wanted to quickly touch base with you and see if you were able to sell/lease your home?

I hope you did!

If not, please keep me in mind. I am still interested in the lease option with your home.

Thanks!

I got a great response! Give it a shot if you aren't already doing it.

Lynn,

A one word response, no, gets no response from me. If they say anything else, like give a reason as to why they are saying no, I will respond with something like:

"Lynn.

Thanks for the response. I hope you get the home sold/leased quickly! If anything changes please keep me in mind."

One thing I should mention, when I get a response from any of the sellers I don't jump all over the deal. I respond that I am glad they are interested in our program and tell them I need a few questions answered so I can run an analysis on the property to make sure the numbers are competitive enough for us to work with.

I want every seller I work with to know that only qualified properties sell through our program.

Everyone wants to be a part of something... I'm member #8264 http://www.naked-investor.com/forums/style...cons/icon10.gif

Cole, good advice and thanks for sharing. I've always said that time is a great motivator. That's pretty much what you're seeing here. It no longer surprises me when six months or more after my initial contact, a homeowner will email me and ask if I'm still interested in their house. And, yeah, make it appear as if your interest is muted and their property needs to meet your qualifications.