The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
option8

Marketing for Tenant Buyers

We've discovered a company that aggressively advertises for Tenant Buyers (and Renters, too)

When you sign up with them, you pick your main metro area and 10 communities surrounding the area. Then you pay an upfront fee and then a monthly fee for which, they do the advertising in your area for TB, collect the information and your receive your leads online with the upfront information and desired information.

The good thing about this system is you then have a huge pool of fresh leads all the time.

What can you do with such information?

--Use a fresh marketing message! Instead of "We Buy Houses" place an ad that says "We have Buyers for Houses". That should certainly get the attention of motivated sellers. You can also tell your sellers " We have more buyers than homes"

---Use this information to focus your efforts to find motivated sellers to the specific areas of town your where buyer leads indicate that they want to live. (for example, We have one area of town where there are 7 TBs with cash looking for a home. I am concentrating on deals in this area of town)

---Use the information to create the competition for your homes. How about sending notifications for new homes as they come available? "Come see the latest home offering!" OR "Check out the quality of our homes!" Invite them to all your showings.

---We imagine ourselves now able to sit in the middle and evaluate how fast we can move a house based on this information. We can jump on a home when we get a lead because we know there are buyers interested there.

We evaluated the ROI (just like we did with our marketing website) and decided that this can be used to take our business to the next level and lower the stress of being able to find TBs. The fee pays for itself with one TB and they offer the flexibility to start/stop the service on a month to month basis, and the flexibility to add and remove communities when the need arises.

The company is called Tenant Stream. The CEO's name is Rob Ryan. Take a look at the service...see what you think.

Hope everyone's headed into a prosperours end of the year!

option8

Thanks Option8 for this very valuable info! I have put this site on my favorites and though I haven't really gotten my business started, I have lots of info that I am accumilating in the process and have been getting my name out there. As soon as I am able to get a copy of The naked investor I am going to go out and get my feet wet. It's just the knowledge that I need because I have lots of contacts and home sellers that I can immediately get started with.

Thanks Option8!

Brandon

Here's an update on this service....

We've been signed up for less than a month (in 2 markets!)

So far we hav over 100 buyers for properties and over 90% of them are great leads --- have reasonable expectations and some upfront money.. We are now lookinga the FSBO ads in the areas where these buyer candidates want homes. I have one area where 7 buyers are interested!!!

Where do you think we'll be concentrating my search for the next few weeks?

This ranks right in the top 4 of our good business decisions.

option8

Option8, how are things panning out with the rental service?

Mike

Thinngs are going great.

We have 117 leads in the system and the first one drove by a property last night and asked to see it tomorrow. This is another one of those properties that I haven't gotten the ValOS out for. (We are so swampped, I feel like I need an assistant to call these leads for us)

My nest step is to put them all in my auto responder so they get all the property leads and understand our Earn Extra Cash system. This just may bring us more leads property leads..."if you see a FSBO home in the area you're interested in, tell us about it and get a discount off your rent...."

I also have one potential TB in particular - I don't have a house for him yet, but I have let other investors who specialize in lower end homes that he is waiting in the wings - I think he drives for the gas company.. He called me the other day with 2 FAT houses FSBO in a really expensive area of town. (I haven't been near area since I moved back here,)

I don't look at these marketing segments as independent efforts. If we are smart about it, they can successfully compliment each other.

More later

option8

Hey Option8,

Still happy with Tenant Stream? The site says up to 10k in option money... do any go higher? My market houses are 350k+ so getting over 10k should be possible. How fast are you able to turn over your properties with them on average?

Mike

I would like to know why you don't use the system any more. Did this ever get answered?

Thanks,

Vito

Why the 180?  You were so positive about them in your previous posts.

~Mr.B

Option 8

Why the quick drop. I was actually looking at using them???

Akin