The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
colehaynes

Brochure mailing hiccup

Hey everyone,

I am looking for some advice here...

I made a post about two weeks ago that I was in the process of putting together a brochure, having 5,000 made, and mailing 1,500 out right away. I did all of that and put together a list of 1,500 addresses made up of:

1,000 MLS listings

500 absentee owner listings

I also had a few go to people I know and myself to verify they were sent, without telling printing company.

The company informed me last Wednesday that the 1,500 brochure mailing "dropped" and the local brochures should be received on Friday or Saturday (2-3 days later).

It is now the Friday night of the next week, so 8 business days have gone by since.

I was contacted by 3 homeowners on Saturday who received my brochure. Those are the only calls I have received from the brochure and I HAVE NOT RECEIVED TO THE TWO HOUSES I SENT BROCHURES TO FOR VERIFICATION.

I contacted the company by email and let them know that we sent "a number" of brochures to properties we own and they had not been received yet. I was really just asking if I should be concerned about the amount of time it is taking or if that was unusual.

Rather than respond to the question, the response was just that, "the brochures were mailed out, let us know when you want to send out the next 1,500 batch."

As a side note, I sent out a direct mail letter at this exact time last year to just 1,000 people with their home on the MLS. I was trying to do SLO and Sub2 deals. The response I got was overwhelming! I got 40-50+ calls over the next month after the mailing went out.

If it was my first time sending out direct mail I may think this was just a low response and not receiving the two brochures was a coincidence. But it definitely isn't.

One of two things are going on:

The brochures are still on the way. (The three calls I got from sellers owned homes VERY close to the homes I haven't received them at)

The company charged me postage and handling fee for 1,500 brochures and only sent out a small percentage and pocketed the difference.

We contacted the company again by phone earlier today and they said everything is fine. We asked for a list of all the addresses the brochures were sent to and they said they would email them over. They have not emailed them yet.

I am hopping for some feedback here. I was getting aggravated earlier in the week and I thought it was just me being impatient. Now the week has passed and I am still waiting for calls and the brochure to arrive to our houses.

What would you do?

I'd be more than a little upset myself. Eight business days for brochures to be delivered locally? What type of mail service was used?

And that snippy answer, "the brochures were mailed out, let us know when you want to send out the next 1,500 batch.", is unacceptable.

Problem is, how do you verify that the brochures were actually mailed? What do you know about this company? How did you come to hire them?

MC, we actually have a friend who is an employee there. They had some of the best prices and I liked the fact that they were local and could(supposed to) complete the entire process from print to mailing.

We went by to verify the quality of the brochures and they looked great.

They used their company account for the postage. So I would assume there would be some type of receipt with the post office for the postage paid.

It was shipped pre-sorted standard.

They used their company account for the postage. So I would assume there would be some type of receipt with the post office for the postage paid.

Then demand to see the original receipt. If they won't do that, I'd pay a hundred or so bucks for a "wake up" letter on official letterhead from the nastiest shark of an attorney you can find. There a lot of people who hate businesses right now, I'd hate to be the defendant on a civil fraud case. The jury will be itching to hang you.

Randian,

I agree with what you are saying. I sent an email and I am waiting for a response.

Thanks for the response.

I am turning up the email marketing to make up for the lack of sellers..

When you ship in bulk, you have to complete a Plant Verification Drop Shipment Form, also known as a PS Form 8125. You just need to see that. It will be stamped by the post office, and show the # of pieces and trays.

When you ship in bulk, you have to complete a Plant Verification Drop Shipment Form, also known as a PS Form 8125. You just need to see that. It will be stamped by the post office, and show the # of pieces and trays.

That's why I still allow you to post, pilot. When you're sober, you're pretty sharp.

Those times are far and few between...

Cole, if they didn't drop ship they will still need the PS 3602 form which I've attached here from a mailing I did for your reference.

USPS_3602.pdf