The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
<Steve>

L/Os on MLS

Does anyone list their L/O deals on the MLS to market to tenant/buyers? Is it worth it? There are agents out their that offer MLS listings for a flat fee & no commission. I have one for $59. for a six month listing and it gets listed on about a dozen other well known web sites.

I figure agents use FSBO sites, we can use agent sites.

I've thought about it and asked my broker if/how it could be done, I would think that an option (equitable interest) would be sufficient enough to be able to list it, but he wasn't sure and was going to get back to me. I just called the MLS company and got bounced around to a couple of departments, nobody had a clue as to what an "option" even was, and the ultimate result was they told me to contact an attorney.

You raise an interesting question, Steve. If you don't own the property, if you're not on title, can you list it with an Agency?

I just called the MLS company and got bounced around to a couple of departments, nobody had a clue as to what an "option" even was, and the ultimate result was they told me to contact an attorney.
By now I shouldn't be surprised, but this one left me shaking my head. :unsure:

Well maybe I can shed some light. Since most MLS systems are governed by a board and they set rules on what can be listed on the MLS as far as the LEGAL TITLE owner of the property as it is in our MLS. Now you can list in most cases but you need to speak there language. "Lease Purchase" not "Lease Option".

Some areas you can have the legal title owner sign the listing along with you as the add on. At least that would be the way I would handle it.

But personally I would not list as most buyers look on MLS to buy. Now you could list it for Rent and place in remarks for RTO....

http://www.listedonrealtor.com/

Here is the link to the broker in Florida that I constanly get spam from. I do have a property as a straight purchase and lease option, so I took him up on the offer for the listing to test it out. I did sign a simple listing agreement too. I have seen others that do the same and typically charge $99. I got my lisitng on a promo at $59.

When you fill out the property info. form it ask: sale, rent, lease purchase, lease option as how you want the property listed.

Checked today and my property is on Realtor.com and pictures should be up in 24 hours.