The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Jonathan RexfordFL

Do people actually do this?

I have a property available for lease option. Now it clearly states it is a Rent to Own. I get my fair amount of SPAM from there from other investors, doing email, voice blast and text messaging....get this...do I want to do a RENT TO OWN. Come on people read the ad or have your assistant read the ad. But the one below really sparked my interest. Well I did fill it out. Gave him some good answers to see if I will get an email back or something. I have a property worth 135K that I would sell for $105K or lease option it out for $125K which is what I am currently asking. But I just had to laugh at the information below. Maybe I am just tired of CL.

Hello, my name is IDIOT and I am inquiring about your property for rent.

I would like to ask you if you could take a couple of minutes and answer the following questions.

THIS IS NOT A SOLICITATION, (LIE) I am an investor simply interested in your property.

Again, it would be greatly appreciated if you could answer the following questions and send them back to me.

1. Have you considered selling it? .... If so

2. Does the property need any repairs?

3. How much are you asking and is this the lowest you can go?

4. How much do you think it is worth?

You may email me the answers to these questions at: nocommonsense@noemail.com

Sincerely,

mr. idiot

Chris,

He has not responded. Please understand I did not send him back his stuff. I just removed his name and replaced it with IDIOT and so on. The email I sent was the following:

1. YES

2. SOME UPDATING

3. $125,000.00/$105,000

4. $135,000.00

I think most sellers and people all together are a little more savvy these days after going through a tough recession and the real estate/mortgage mess. Voice blasts and email blasting etc. I think back fires. The one time quick flip, see ya deal, slick salesman approach is dead. I do believe that marketing today is about building a business relationship and trust with whom you are dealing with, resulting in more deals.

Seems with social networking being all the rage and CL type classifieds not what they used to be there is some kind of merge on the horizon. But I'm just guessing.