The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
MichaelGibson

Book Recommendation - Must Read - POWERFUL!!!

Just finished a book entitled "Go For No!" It's a fast-read, 74-page book available through Amazon for $12. Here is the link (not an affiliate link).

http://www.amazon.com/Yes-Destination-How-...7409&sr=8-1

Not being a salesperson, I found this book very liberating and exciting for doing CA's.

Here is the main thing I took away from it: The more "no's" you set a goal to get...and the more systems you have in place to get "no's" from motivated sellers, the more more "yes's" you get...and the more $$$ you make. Besides, when your goal is to get "no's", you're actually succeeding...not failing!

Give yourself and your business a Christmas gift. Order it. You'll not be disappointed.

Here's one of the reviews from Amazon:

14 of 14 people found the following review helpful:

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Book!, February 9, 2008

By Michael D. Murphy (Sherman, Texas United States) - See all my reviews

(REAL NAME) This review is from: Go for No! Yes is the Destination, No is How You Get There (Paperback)

This is the book that we all wished we would have had 25 years ago (well, at least if you're near my age ^_^. A most amazing book! Master this book and you'll master 'winning in life'. Success, wealth and achievement will virtually track you down and force themselves into your life. This book is not a book that is 'recommended'; this book is required reading for anyone wanting to pursue and live their dreams. Get it into your hands as fast as you can. You'll wonder how you've survived this long without it.

Thanks for the recommendation! I'm always looking for new books to check out :-)

I agree with the whole concept of "No = not bad", especially lately more than ever I've been making a genuine effort to look at every "No" I get and think about what I could have done differently to maybe have gotten to a "yes" somewhere (whether doing a CA, listing a property, making a cash offer, short sale, etc.). Obviously there are cases where there is no real need or motivation to do anything, but by looking at each "No" as a learning experience I figure the more "no's" I get the more I'll learn and the better prepared I'll be in the future!

MG, thanks for sharing. The reviews are very positive. Maybe I'll treat myself for Christmas, since all I usually receive is socks and rocks. ^_^