The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
EQUITY NOTES

Marketing to listed properties

Hi Everyone

Meant to say thanks to Chris and Steve for last comments on a question i had about craigslist

Have any of you ever marketed to realtor listed properties by flyer or post card at the property address?

I know Pilot does not let realtor listed properties stand in his way

I think a seller may contact us if a realtor is not moving a property or if agent does not have an exclusive

There are hundreds in my area within 2 miles that are listed with realtors, and felt it would not hurt to drop off a flyer or postcard at the property address

Thanks for any advise in advance

Tom

I POSTED THIS ON ANOTHER WEBSITE RECENTLY. MAYBE IT WILL HELP

As a investor/realtor I send out a lot of direct mail and also post a few signs (which I have to have a FREC reg disclosure on sign). But I get a lot of calls from listed properties.

I don't come right out and say that I cannot speak to them until the property is withdrawn or expires. But I will give them my creative speech. It states that most agents are only educated in two type of offers: CASH or BANK FINANCING. I have been using this for years. What happens is that I tell them that I would love to make them an offer but there agent would not understand the kind of offer that would solve your problem. I said if we were to do business that we would have to include the agent. That I would not go around the agents back and try to undercut them. I said I would be more than happy to present my offer to you BUT only in person with the agent being present.

Now if it is a good deal, I will go through that stuff. But half the time they are not. But my offer also goes into my presentation, and then ends with offer.

What I have found out over the years is that an agent is either on board or not. The one's that are not on board with an idea of owner finance, lease option or sub2 type deal are usually brain dead and have NAR shoved up there "you know what" that it isn't funny.

The ones that are on board will be good referral source for you. Sometimes, I cannot make the deal work. But at least I got one more realtor on my side.

I go after them when they expire. They're still cooking when they're with an agent, motivation and frustration with the typical real estate game builds up. When the listing expired, they're tired of working with a Realtor and might be more open to creative solutions