The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
vballdarin

Investor in Jacksonville wants me to market her properties

Hey Ya'll....

I'm working with an investor who is acquiring some properties in the Jacksonville area. (She's also getting some the Savannah, GA area where I would do a straight Cooperative Assignment with her)

She has asked me if, since I have my website and advertise on a bunch of other sites (and know how to do so), if I could market the houses for her as well.

My question to the forum is this: Should I just sign the houses in J-ville up as a normal Coop Assign with the investor, as her daughter would most likely be showing the houses down there.......or........should I structure some type of straight marketing fee that she would pay our company?

I guess there are 405,012 ways to look at this, but I'm looking for a little input on different perspectives from everyone on the forum on their take. (ie......time vs effort vs money vs control) I'm personally thinking to just sign them up as a traditional "out-of-town" Coop Assign just to keep everything streamlined and consistent.

Thanks!

Darin

Maybe keep it the same, but give her a little bigger piece of the down if her daughter is showing them.

I'd think that trying to get paid a marketing fee is too easy for her to take you out of the loop, you know?

Just my thought.

Darin, when doing deals at a distance, staying in control of the deal is your priority. To me, that means a CA is more binding and "official". I'd go that route versus some type of marketing fee or consultation type of relationship.