The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
MichaelGibson

Top 3 Seller Marketing Strategies

I live in a very rural area made up mostly of small towns. What would be your suggestion for the TOP 3 strategies for acquiring sellers for C/A's? (Craigslist is not a vaiable option as we do not live close to a large city that CL serves.)

1) Bandit signs

2) Contact FSBO and FRBO ads in the local newspapers

3) Besides Craig's List, check for any local websites where FSBO's and FRBO's advertise

4) Word of mouth: tell everyone what you do and what you're looking for

5) Network with a young, hungry and relatively new real estate Agent

6) Contact some mortgage brokers and title company reps

Bandit signs are awesome, especially when you get 'em up really high on telephone poles with roofing nails (not staples) and they stay up for months/years (I got a call the other day from a guy who saw a sign that I put up last winter probably about this time, it's still up!). If you're posting them on telephone poles or wooden stakes (rather than the flimsy wire ones), get the signs printed with the flutes going horizontal rather than vertical, helps them from folding up like most peoples signs do.

Direct mail! Yellow letter + Expired listings = phone blows up with sellers! Some will tell you to quit sending them letters, others weren't able to sell their house because they think it's worth a fortune and won't budge on the price, and others genuinely need your help! I'll be experimenting with expired rental listings from the MLS, too! (first round is going out tomorrow!)

Call/email FSBO's. MichaelC is right, don't limit yourself to just Craigslist. There's Backpage, Kijiji/Ebay, ISoldMyHouse.com, FSBO.com, Owner.com (or is it Owners.com?), plus a ton more! And local newspapers!