The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Guest Rat_Race_Hater(ImAnEagle)

The Rat Race

Hello All,

Im new here but Im about to buy M.C.s 97 dollar package and I have to sell my 55 gallon aquarium and stand to do it. :lol: Now I was sad before because I was going to pay 1200 bucks to get Conti and Finkel's program and that meant probably a year of saving for me and we all know how depressing that is. My Investor friend from our investor club told me on the phone about MC and I was exstatic because the night before I prayed for a financial miracle and I wasnt sure if God was tired of listening to me whine about real estate investing for the last 2 years. HEHE, but he still knew what I really meant...gotta love em.Also,I really admire and appreciate how MC does his investing and I give him MAD PROPS for making it affordable to someone like me in my unique situation. So theres my shpeel on how I ended up here...now onto the subject matter....The Rat Race.

Its 130am and I have to go to work tommorrow and I cannot sleep. Trading hours for dollars has never been more difficult. I have been studying and self educating for 2 years and now when I go to THE JOB it is SUCH a Conflict of Interest. Im trying not to fall apart because I want to quit so bad....and I just started like 3 weeks ago,lol. I dont know what has happened but I do realize Im wasting so much time making others rich by minding their business. Ive read about what the rat race really is and now I realize I am in it...but why do I always feel like an eagle who belongs much higher in the sky? I served in the Military 4 years...hated the last year because I am ambitious,went through a divorce because I wanted to chase my dreams, and now Im still struggling to just pay the bills. In the last couple days I found almost 30 leads for FSBO opportunities and Im making phone calls this weekend...Im afraid Im going to quit when I get my first deal but how do I know when I can quit my job...I dont want to do anything premature but man THE RAT RACE SUX!!!! I have swallowed so much information about real estate for so long that I dont even have friends anymore because most people doing this stuff are older than me(26). My coworkers try to tell me to use my 30k gibill money to go to school so I can be secure....Im tired of being around people that are clueless about what Im going to do and they cannot comprehend that how Im going to make what they make in a year in a single day..........one day....and I believe that. I had to let it out,sorry all, but I think that Im probably going to cry when I get my first deal. Ive been winging it and living by my witts for so long that when I become rich...Im going to give back because I know how it feels to be poor...Thats the best positive thing I get out of the rat race....but because I do know the feeling....is why I hate the rat race so much. My next posts wont be so long, thnx.

Hi, Rat_Race_Hater, and welcome to The Naked Investor. Nice first post. Hope you stick around here, and live and learn. I'm sure many here can relate to how you feel about your J O B, (Just Over Broke :) ).

Follow your dream and your heart, and you'll probably make the right decisions along the way. Check in here on occasion for some guidance and support, and you'll be fine :( . We're happy to share.

Thanks MC,

Im still working on selling that aquarium and stand,rofl, but Im improving my negotiation skills...gotta start somewhere.Other than that ,I have about 20 leads left to call this weekend and man...why does everyone have to use an answering machine....dont they know Im just trying to find a motivated seller? :) Also, I appreciate the advice and Im glad to be a part of this community. Ill let you guys know when things start happening.

Have a good day,

DCH

Ill let you guys know when things start happening.
Please do. But no flushing of the fish to expedite the sale of the aquarium.....right :) ?

post-4-1065906852.jpg

Rofl,

It was a carnival fish for my son and he has stayed alive(fish) for 1 month so far in a small fish bowl , maybe he'll grow large and i'll sell him for 10 bucks at a fish store(done it before)! Also, Im doing everything I can to expedite my entrepeneureal (spell that right?) dreams...the fish deal is a calculated risk...lol.

MC, I received an email that you were in new york recently and Im sad I couldnt go to see you in action. In time Ill get to see all my mentors one day...I just hope my fiance can bare all the investor talk...even though she said she would go with me to ALL my seminars as we grow wealthy. Anyway...I gotta surf some more of these posts so I can learn something more. Can't wait to get some cash aside to get started.

l8ers folks.

Hi RatRaceHater,

I just signed up with Michael yesterday and I feel the same as you do - like you I'm pretty young (25) and I already want desperately out of the rat race (so much for patience lol) and to make my own life. Last night I was also lying in bed and I couldn't sleep either - thinking about my hopes for my life and whatnot. It sounds like you've been a lot, but I hope for you (as I do for myself) that your search is over. Best of luck with everything!!!!

BTW the lease-optioning the fish .. you guys are too much. :D

Guest Carrie Ann

Hi Rat race Hater,

I know how you feel about not having any friends that understand this. I am 20 and have bought three houses starting in April. I also dislike going to my job everyday but know its what I have to do right now. I don't hate it, I have friends there and it is fun most of the time. I cook - prep and grill. But I hate that I HAVE to be there to get by. Ya know? When I am rich I may even cook there a couple times a month for the fun of it. Because it would be fun if it wasn't required. I tell ya it sure does feel good when folk 10-20-30 yrs older than me are asking me how they can buy a house. They want advice from me! I had a manager once (right after I graduated high school) that asked me what I was going to do now. I said invest in RE, I didn't have time for a detailed answer. She says so you're going to work in this restaurant forever as a cook? This is supposed to be a stepping stone! You need to go to college. I just looked at her and thought why so I can work 10hrs a day as a manager, never see my kids, and retire poor like you? I used money that coulda went towards college and bought a couple houses. lol Soon I will be out! See you at the top rrh!

Carrie Ann Rial

NW PA

Carrie Ann,

I am 20 and have bought three houses starting in April.

20 and three house.....How youuu doooin.... :o

good job wish I started earlier 4 1/2 houses a yr. 5 yrs 2 month = 23 houses $200 PCF off each $4,600 a month

why don't you register and stick around give us that youthful outlook and we can set you up with Brandon or Cruz.....Like you would have them :D

Funny Tony,

Too bad Cruz is already taken, but Brandon on the other hand is still available. I think Brandon would hate the fact that he doesn't have a deal under his belt yet and so feel like this woman has some sort of dominance over him, but then again maybe he will like it :o Man! I kill my self!

:D -Tony- :D Shhhhh!!!!

Brandon on the other hand is still available.
Who could believe such a prize is still unclaimed? C'mon, girls, what you're looking for is right in front of you :o .

lets start the bidding at $50.00 do I have fifty,fifty,fifty

SOLD to the illegal alien!!!!! :o