The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Guest Rat_Race_Hater(ImAnEagle)

The Rat Race

Guest Rat Race Hater(at friends house)

Hi again,

I noticed new posts in response to what I have mentioned before about the dread of a job weighed even heavier by the desire to succeed. I appreciate everyones replies and I feel better that others understand.

All I can say to Carrie Ann...man Im pissed, your 20 years old and have 3 deals under your belt !!! Im so pissed Im inspired,lol!!! but your awesome!

MC...I had to use the fish tank money to pay my fricking bills. BUT I have told everyone that I want the Naked Investor Manual for XMAS!!!!!

Everyoe else.....Im job hopping all the time because jobs get boring and I need more challenge. This Xmas...Ill find myself praying.Thanks all for the inspiration.

GOTTA GO FEED MY NICOTINE HABIT NOW!!!

Peace,

Rat Race Hater (Im An Eagle)

Guest Guest

darn, was that for the man or the fish? ;)

I say lets SUB-TO the fish, you keep the lil fella in your name and I'll give you $13..........you provide the food and I'll find a buyer for $20 :D

Friends,

I've gotta say that I admire the young folks that are so interested in investing. When I was their age I was doing college and law school and somehow thinking that corporate America (or some government agency) would take care of me...trading my lawyer time for money. :wacko:

Well "they" will...but the devil's in the details. Corporate America could care less about you, only them. You're just another commodity. Disposable at will. When you're young-and-dumb you're disposable because, well let's face it, there's lot's of young-and-dumb lawyers in the world. After you get some experience under your belt, you're pretty expensive. Then, you're disposable because, you guessed it, you're too expensive and and they can always find a cheaper lawyer around the corner.

As for government lawyers, MC is right...they have a JOB but they're all "Just Over Broke." BMW broke, but still broke.

So, you younger investors have it goin'...keep it goin'! :wub:

Mike P. ;)

The Legal Eagle

Guest Rat Race Hater

Greetings All,

Hi all, its been a while...Im a utility worker now...going on 11 weeks straight. I bet I sound like I blow in the wind alot, but then again...I am here still. Im supposed to locate gas and phone lines...but Im always writing down FSBO phone numbers and talking to neighbors about "the house next door" for detailed information...seems to be a good source for quick info before I can get online and check records.

MC...that carnival fish I had died finnally....on its own....even after surviving a fall off the furniture because of my curious cat, WHOM wasnt supposed to be on the furniture! Anyway...I have returned to say I have 97 dollars of my hard earned money ready to be invested in my R.E. investing education....could you plz email me on handling the S&H aspect....or do I just mail the 97 and you do the rest?

canIhelpUtoday@Yahoo.com

P.S.

"Funny"

I had a gas line locate ticket the other day and the "work to be done" section that the contractors fill out said "Installing Invisible Fence"

I was out in the middle of no where laughing all by myself! It caught me off guard.

I found out later that its one of those fences that zaps an animal when it crosses out of the yard...animal owners use it because they dont believe in leashes I guess.

Would that be inhumane to use on my 4 yr old...or fiance....or cat...door to door salesman....Osama.....or boundary around my car to ward off police officers that catch me speeding?HEehehehe ;)

Thanks again all.

RRH

LOL , you crack me up.

Glad I'm not the only nut in the crowd.

By the way, be careful , the fence might just be turned on when you're out late one night.

Be prepared, take food and blanky in the car

**....by the way guys...something irrelevent, but Im home alone and there's a really WEIRD SCAREY looking BIG BUG in here...

Short of coming over to stomp it for me, can somebody please identify what appears to be a bl00dy HUGE skeeter?????? :)

We don't have thesies back in Aussie

AHHHHH, I hate bities :huh:

Kez.

by the way guys...something irrelevent, but Im home alone and there's a really WEIRD SCAREY looking BIG BUG in here...

Short of coming over to stomp it for me, can somebody please identify what appears to be a bl00dy HUGE skeeter??????  :o 

We don't have thesies back in Aussie

AHHHHH, I hate bities  :huh:

Wait a minute, Kez. You come from the land of Funnel Web Spiders, Box Jellyfish, prehistoric sized Great White Sharks, Crocs, (Steve Irwin is cool :) ), and uncountable numbers of venemous snakes, and a lil' ol' American mosquito has you off your game?? I guess that means you don't want to come vacation down by me in the Everglades, huh? ;)

So having Italian background myself...and cousins in the cement shoe manufacturing industry, I would normally answered with a Q first like "when should we arrive at your house , and what kind of drinks should I bring"?

However, I see you're gonna need some setting right on this Steve Irwin thing 1st :o

I just always thought this guy was a regular 'nob'...until he did a Jacko and hung his baby inches from death, now Im finding myself wondering how many kinds of idiots there are.. ;)

As for our "bities"..the funnel webs are further north than where i lived so those are cool !

So are the box jelly fish...funny that, the state of QLD has a slogan which says: COME TO QUEENSLAND, BEAUTIFUL ONE DAY, PERFECT THE NEXT"

not.

The sharks, well those are THE most gross things Ive ever seen ....and they're are just everywhere depending on which travel agent you're speaking to at the time.

Our snakes are just yucky , we had Eastern Browns, I think they rate a score of about 3rd most deadly in the world...and the tiger snakes, well those are ugly too, a tad more aggressive, but neither of them chase you like the one did to me here, I think it was called a racer or something, but who heard, I didn't know I could cover that much ground in 5 seconds in slow motion.

Chis said STOP, so I weighed my options and kept running!

Our '3 step snakes" were eleswhere too.

(That's about as far as you get after being bitten). Mind you, I'd be snuffed from the fright b4 the venom got me.

Needless to say the outdoor excercise program hit rock bottom

(Literally :) )

I may need to sue for damages and repairs now.

But Im more scared of lawyers than spideys and snakes...and I wont say the rest :lol:

Moi