The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
EQUITY NOTES

FSBO SITE

Hi All

I was on the fsbo.com site and was flagged today

Is this due to somone reporting as I used a standard script to inguire about a l/p

Due to me using site a lot?

Just wondering how or why they flagged me i did not use a web site or anything to alert them, i did say i was an investor inquiring if the person was interested in a lease purchase, nothing to cause any flagging that I know

How long will it keep me flagged?

Anything I can do ?

Any replies appreciated

Thanks

Tom

Probably the number of emails you are sending. You can try a different email, but they may have your IP address so you'll need to use another computer, or change your IP address, but that can be a pain to do. You might be able to go back at it after some time off the site.

If you contact their customer service and explain that you are looking for a specific house and that you aren't a spammer, they will sometimes allow another 10-20 e-mails through. Try and communicate with cust svc through their instant messaging system, it's slightly less aggravating....

I forget which FSBO site it was but I got a phone call from one of their reps after sending out a TON of messages through the site. He called me the next day and asked why I was sending so many emails (my initial message doesn't mention i'm an investor), I just told him that I was looking for a house I could buy on a lease-purchase which is why I sent out the emails, and he was like "Oh, okay... let me put these through for you then"

Strange, but hey, for the price I'm not gonna argue

When I hit the wall with FSBO sites like this, I turn the marketing from emails to postcards. I will capture the address and now they are on my mailing list. Not as affective as emailing and a little more cost, but you still have a way to contact the owner. Or you can pick up the phone if there is a number, but I hate doing that. lol

Thanks everyone for your responses. I wanted to let you know that I contacted fsbo.com on there chat message center. The customer service person said there center is a sales center and if I was flagged it could be the individual owner and or certain words I email. I think the word investor got me flagged, however today I did not use the Investor in my email and got flagged about 3 emails later, which could be my ip not sure. If a listed property seller had me flagged they said try calling owners but we know thats not good in the long run.

I will leave site alone for awhile and try again in the future as Steve had suggested.

Just thought I would let you all know the result of my contacting there customer service.

Tom