The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
lhenley

Investor Partner

I know that you really don't need a partner do to a CA, but has anyone ever used a partner for a SLO? If so, what sort of agreement did you have?

Thanks,

Lynn (FL)

I've tried working with partners in business before, IMO totally not worth the aggravation! lol

As I mentioned earlier, I know you shouldn't need partners if you're just doing a CA, but there may be times when you find a SLO, and you need some funds to get it put together. One of the "guru's" has this as part of their course. (I won't mention names, but you can probably figure out who she is.)

:D

Lynn (FL)

Funds? SLOs? You shouldn't need funds to get into a SLO, just like you don't need any funds for a CA.

These are nothing down deals. If she is teaching coming up with cash for something I would pass on her course. It's not needed. All you need is a motivated seller and some equity.

As I mentioned earlier, I know you shouldn't need partners if you're just doing a CA, but there may be times when you find a SLO, and you need some funds to get it put together. One of the "guru's" has this as part of their course. (I won't mention names, but you can probably figure out who she is.)

;)

Lynn (FL)

Might she be a certain guru who, for years, said CA's were brokering real estate without a license? Wonder what changed her mind on the subject? Oh, yeah, a $1,000 course on CA's! Silly me. B)

Yep, she's the one. Amazing how a $1,000 course will change your mind. She's also now telling everyone doing CA's that you should be a real estate agent, so you won't be accused of brokering without a license.

Lynn (FL)

Yep, she's the one. Amazing how a $1,000 course will change your mind. She's also now telling everyone doing CA's that you should be a real estate agent, so you won't be accused of brokering without a license.

Lynn (FL)

That tells me she doesn't understand the strategy. So how do you peddle a $1,000 course? B)

"If you sound like you know what you're talking about, people will believe you."

Lynn (FL)

Hehe. True, dat. Isn't that how our politicians run the government??

Why would you need a partner? The only reason you need a partner is for potato sack races and mating...

HA!

I think I'll coin that....

I crack myself up.

Seriously.... why would you need a "partner" for lease options...a partner to do what?

To steal your freaking business idea?

A partner to take every dime they make and put nothing back into the company?

A partner to operate based on greed and not morals so that you have to wake up every morning wondering what fires you have to put out....

UUUUHHHGGG!!!

Can you tell I've had a partner?