The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
alxrodz

Sellers ALREADY advertising L/O

What about FSBO's and FRBO's who are already advertising their properties online, and offering rent-to-own possibility... Should I even bother? Do we have anything to offer them?

Real-life example:

" Very nice 2/1, brand new inside, for sale by owner, not a short sale or bank owned asking $49,900 OBO single family home, all appliances included plus washer and dryer, ceramic tile throughout the whole house and laminate on the bedrooms, ceiling fans in rooms and living room, also willing to do rent to own, seller motivated!! 888-888-8888 "

My preference is to pass on these ads. My thinking is if they know enough to advertise their property as a Rent To Own, they probably know enough already to preclude the need to listen to me. But, since you're new at this, it's not a bad idea to prejudge anyone at this time. Gain some experience.

What MC is saying, is if they DO agree to work with you, what they will do is take any possible T/B that YOU bring, do a deal behind your back, and you will never hear from them again.

That's just the way life works...

Pilot, I hear ya and I suspected that would be the case. It's not just a motivated seller we're looking for, but also someone who sees value in what we bring to the table.