The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
lhenley

Expireds - how old is to old?

I usually send out mailings about every other month, but sometimes I get busy...like now...and put it off. I'd probably double the houses if I did it every other week, but I'm only one man!

Chris,

I am about to team up with an agent that can pull the expired listings for me. What kind of conversion rate are you getting from these mailings?

Burke

Yellow,

I don't market to pre-foreclosures, but every 45 days for free & clears or absentee's makes sense, since they aren't necessarily looking to sell. I'm going after expired listings though, where I know that they're interested in selling and probably frustrated/pissed off that their agent wasn't able to sell their house. Some may have decided not to sell, others might re-list with the same agent or a new agent. I wanna get them on the phone while they're most likely thinking "What to do?" and are more likely to be open to a creative solution. That's why I put my letters in front of them several times (7) over the 2 months after the listing expires....

If I'm just getting started and I don't have a realtor connection, are there any other avenues to getting expired MLS listings?

Chad

If I'm just getting started and I don't have a realtor connection, are there any other avenues to getting expired MLS listings?
Mail active listings like John does.

Mail active listings like John does.

That, and find a newer Agent who is looking to get started just as you are. You can hand out his business cards and name to homeowners you meet who won't or can't work with you. These Agents live for listings and if you can provide him with some leads in exchange for expired listings and running some comps for you, it's a beautiful thing. ;)

Try calling local agencies and ask to speak with the new guy. Or hit up a local real estate club and make some contacts there. You can try some local title companies and mortgage brokers, also. They want your business and may have access to the MLS or know Agents who do.