The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
vballdarin

How much would you charge?

I have someone who wants me to advertise all the houses she has/gets on all of the websites which I would typically advertise our lease purchase houses.

It looks like she may be wanting me to find her tenant/buyers for some houses but some she just wants me to be a "virtual assistant" per se.

Obviously, I'm not going to charge her for the houses she would allow me to do a Cooperative Assignment, but what would be a fair amount or rate to charge her for the others. Obviously it would depend on the amount of houses and how many sites I put them on. I do believe that people in India charge like 3$ per hour or something to that effect.

Any suggestions, ideas, or previous experiences would be helpful.

Darin

Well dont tell anyone but if you go to www.Odesk.com you could hire someone there for 2.22 cents an hour, charge 4.44 and double your money.... This is our secret..

Arbitrage at its finest.

I wouldn't step over dollars to get to the pennies, Darin.

That being said, there's nothing wrong with making an easy buck either.

You could probably get some sort of gauge by asking, "What's listing all these houses worth to ya?" ...kinda tongue-in-cheek, with

an ever-so-charming demeanor. But, if you were to think about it, how much would she stand to profit if your marketing efforts

were to result in her getting her houses filled/sold? With that in mind, you could find a happy medium by making your offer a

no-brainer decision on her part.

Don't charge her up front (assuming it doesn't take you much effort) but figure out a way (post the ad with your ph #?) to monitor who responds to your ads, and charge her like a $500 referral fee if you produce the buyer!

Incorrect....this is "personal services"...this is called prostitution.....He's allowing this person to use his body...in this case...his fingers....to perform a service....it's done all the time in Vegas....

What Pilot is trying to say is that she wants to use my noodle because of my experience. ;)

After speaking with her again, she just wants me to advertise her company (kinda like a typical "we buy houses" person) on the internet for her since she isn't computer savvy.

IMHO If one were to put an advertisement out solisiting buyers and then sell that buyers list for a fee that would be perfectly fine however when you place the compensation to the performance of a real estate transaction one needs a Brokers license...

Selling the service of blogging for a fee is well within the law.

Yellow, you're right. I'm thinking that if Darin is posting ads for her online and rather than her phone number, have one set up that maybe forwards straight to her phone so that she's the one dealing with the buyers not him, would that be the same? (they could track the origin of the buyer leads from the phone number?)

It would be her ad with her information and she answers the phone to deal with the buyers or sellers. I'm just the guy typing out the ads on all the websites....just like a person in India, Bangladesh, etc.

****And a personal note*****

As of January 1st, 2011, after 22 months and a bunch of phone calls, I'm FINALLY off the books and out of the system as a licensed Agent in the State of South Carolina. Free at last...Free at last....Thank God Almighty, I'm free at last.

. . .As of January 1st, 2011, after 22 months and a bunch of phone calls, I'm FINALLY off the books and out of the system as a licensed Agent in the State of South Carolina. Free at last...Free at last....Thank God Almighty, I'm free at last.

That explains the fireworks I heard and saw last night, way down here in chilly south FL. Enjoy your liberation, Darin! ;)

As of January 1st, 2011, after 22 months and a bunch of phone calls, I'm FINALLY off the books and out of the system as a licensed Agent in the State of South Carolina. Free at last...Free at last....Thank God Almighty, I'm free at last.

What were the main reasons you wanted out? I got my license so I could work with another investor/friend of mine who negotiates and buys short sales (I got out of that pretty quick, LOL) and the only real benefits I see to having a license are MLS access and, well.... MLS access!

One reason is the fact that there were over 1,000 Realtors (out of a total 35,000 people)in my 30 mile radius....The second is that Real Estate Agents consistently rank among the lowest respected professions. I saw SOOOOO much back stabbing, unethical actions, no accountability, sapping of money from my bank account for this fee and that fee, etc. Third is the fact that MLS access is no big whoop for what I wanted to do. How many SLO's or CA's are seriously in play when talking about houses over $450,000 and retirees over the age of 65 (both of which dominate my MLS area).

I went through Weichert Realtors AND Keller Williams looking for an investor friendly Broker and met UNBELIEVABLE resistance when I mentioned anything other than a "cookie cutter" transaction. I understand that each of the Broker's in Charge had a certain business philosophy and wanted to run THEIR business THEIR way. I have no problem with that. I, however, have my own business philosophy and wanted to do things MY way. Hence....ditch the license and be MY OWN boss.

Ah, I'm lucky there. The brokerage I'm with is quickly becoming THE investor-friendly brokerage in the New England area, most of the agents are investors themselves, and everyone kinda has their own niche. Plus we're 99% virtual, so no office dues or anything like that.

Ah, I'm lucky there. The brokerage I'm with is quickly becoming THE investor-friendly brokerage in the New England area, most of the agents are investors themselves, and everyone kinda has their own niche. Plus we're 99% virtual, so no office dues or anything like that.

Sweet. Didn't know such a place existed. If the receptionist is cute, I'm in!