The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
blaklabrat

Choosing a Niche

I know that in businesses choosing a niche market is often key to success. I was wondering if the same applies to lease purchases. I understand that specializing in just one or two aspects of it is probably best (CAs or SLOs), but what I'm wondering is if I might have more success if I market to a specific group of tenant/buyers? I am a military wife and child so I empathize very much with the needs of the military population. It is a small population, but we live in Colorado Springs which has like 4 military bases surrounding it. If I market to this community would my pool of buyers be too small you think? I wouldn't deny people who weren't military of course, but would having a more specified target buyer/tenant be a good idea?

My feeling is that you can concentrate on the military folks if you want. But why do it to the exclusion of the general populace? No reason you can't do both, Ayse.

Yeah... dumb question lol. I didn't plan on excluding the general populace, but moreso marketing directly to military families. But I see your point. No reason I can't do both.

No such thing as a dumb question! You've got a great idea Ayse, certainly you're in a position where you can specialize in helping buyers AND sellers who are in the military while at the same time helping civilians as well. Do some regular marketing and maybe mix in some military-specific marketing to the neighborhoods or areas where it's primarily military families.