The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Daro

Hello :)

Hello everyone,

I'd like to introduce myself first, my name is Dariusz Chlopecki and I'm brand new to the LO concept. I ordered my manual 2 months ago and read it cover to cover 3 times. I just started my Craigslist/ Tweeter campaign and created my website http://www.rent-to-own-chicago.com (Please tell me what do you think about it :P. I had couple of responses from craigslist already but, and here is my problem I need some pointers on calling those prospects back. Do you guys use some kind of script? I really don't feel comfortable with that.

THANK YOU!

Hello, Daro, and welcome to The Naked Investor!

Good to read you're making some moves and taking some action. Of course, that means you now have to speak with some of those homeowners you contacted. Be careful what you wish for :P

I'm wary about using any kind of scropt verbatim. You'll sound robotic and uninspired on the phone. Eventually you are going to find your own voice, so to speak, but that probably means screwing up a time or three along the way. Hey, no one said this is going to be easy.

What did your initial contact with these homeowners say?

Daro,

Welcome to the board! My site is at http://www.rentuntilyouown.com. I would love to know how you have so many followers on Twitter, I have an account but haven't done anything with it.

My answer to your question would be to first find out as much about the sellers situation as possible. Figure out the who, what, when where, and why. A motivated seller will be more than happy to give you this info if you just ask and usually after hearing their full story you can figure out what their needs are and present them with a viable solution to their problem.

First, Thank you guys for your help:)

Lynn - Got it! Thnx

MichaelC - I've used the "two email" approach i found on this forum with some modifications (BTW it works great!) and got some phone numbers of people that are interested. Now I'm at the point of calling them back.

Cole - First of all download a piece of software called Tweetdeck, it's a FREE software that will manage your twitter and facebook accounts. Than sign up for www.socialoomph.com (the free account) this will generate and send an automatic direct message to anybody that follows you and will follow back that person. Than post something interesting couple of times a day, re-tweet people etc.

tweetdeck allows you to schedule your tweets, so you can pretty much put the whole thing on autopilot. Hope that helps.:P

MichaelC - I've used the "two email" approach i found on this forum with some modifications (BTW it works great!) and got some phone numbers of people that are interested. Now I'm at the point of calling them back.

Daro, if they've already received the second email then your phone call can be kept to a minimum. There shouldn't be much explaining to do, (that's the reason for the second email). Let the homeowner take the lead and answer their questions. Then, get the info you need: their situation and the property details. Tell them you'll look at the comps and get back to them with some specific numbers. Then it's up to them. No hard sell required.

Thanks MichaelC, I'll try your approach and report back!! Really appreciate it!

@Cole - no problem :P Let me know if you need any help with the setup.

Daro,

I'm having trouble setting up the Socialoomph site to automatically respond to people who follow me and auto follow my followers. Honestly i'm still trying to understand the point of Twitter, but I would like to set it up to run automatically like you said, if possible. Actually, I was like the 2 millionth person to start following Charlie Sheen and his posts are pretty entertaining!

From what I'm seeing the Socialoomph site only works on autopilot if I have a paid account. What am I missing?

@Everyone - I would have emailed Daro privately, but I figured someone may be able to use the info.

Thanks!

Actually, I was like the 2 millionth person to start following Charlie Sheen and his posts are pretty entertaining!
You must be high on Tiger's Blood! ;)

Hi Daro,

Thanks for your informative post. I was wondering what sort of message were you using in your two email approach?

Are you using CList and FSBO websites? I've tried the two email approach on CList and FSBO/FRBO websites but haven't found anyone serious about doing a L/O deal yet. The sellers say they only want to SELL and the landlords want to only RENT. I was wondering how you found sellers that would consider doing a L/O. Are you finding desperate sellers in depressed areas of the country? I've heard some investors contact people in pre-foreclosue and others say this can be risky if the homeowner doesn't pay the mortgage or get a lien on the property.

Thanks for the info, baron