The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
MattF

Introduction

Hey gang,

Wanted to say hi and introduce myself. My name is Matt Farnes. I started investing in real estate back in '02 on the island of Oahu, Hawaii. The market there as was a lot of the country was just starting to take off. I rode the tsunami(sorry can't help my surfer roots :lol: ) until late '07 when I moved to upstate New York(yes I am insane!). I did mostly sub 2's as it was a flippers dream.

In moving to New York I figured things would be much different and would need a whole new strategy. What an understatement! Yes I made my move right into the perfect storm. Needless to say I got clobbered, made some less than ideal descsions, ended up with a ----wait for it----JOB and found myself wondering what the heck happened?

Bottom line was I got scared and didn't change gears effectively!

I absolutely love real estate and have missed being in it terribly. So yesterday I found your forum and have been lurking around.

Question: Is C/A-consulting aggreement?

I am getting the email campaign ramped up tonight to CL so I am sure I will have more questions.

Thanks,

Matt Farnes

Welcome Matt!!

CA is Cooperative Assignment.

That's all I have for now cuz I'm marketing and reading the manual.

Hello, Matt, and welcome to The Naked Investor! Glad you found us. :P

Hawaii to upstate NY? :lol: That's quite the move. As an ex-NYer myself, I can certify that you suffered from temporary insanity, or you followed a woman. What else would make a man cross the continent? The things we do for love. :lol:

Anyway, you're correct. Different market, different conditions, you need different tools. If you spend some time reading here, you'll find one of those tools to be the CA you referred to. As Ayse said, that's a Cooperative Assignment. It's a strategy where you work with a homeowner and assign the deal to a third party. If you take the time to do some searching here, you'll find numerous threads on this topic that will give you hours of reading.

In the meantime, fire away with any questions you have. Someone here will have an answer, or we'll do like politicians do. We'll fake it. :P

Hello, Matt, and welcome to The Naked Investor! Glad you found us. :P

Hawaii to upstate NY? :lol: That's quite the move. As an ex-NYer myself, I can certify that you suffered from temporary insanity, or you followed a woman. What else would make a man cross the continent? The things we do for love. :lol:

Anyway, you're correct. Different market, different conditions, you need different tools. If you spend some time reading here, you'll find one of those tools to be the CA you referred to. As Ayse said, that's a Cooperative Assignment. It's a strategy where you work with a homeowner and assign the deal to a third party. If you take the time to do some searching here, you'll find numerous threads on this topic that will give you hours of reading.

In the meantime, fire away with any questions you have. Someone here will have an answer, or we'll do like politicians do. We'll fake it. :P

Thank you Mike,

It was family(yup wife is from here). I think I am just going to jump in and try my best to adjust on the fly. I really don't want that analysis/paralysis to set in :P

Questions to come!

Thanks again,

Matt