The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
colehaynes

Has any one hired someone to call sellers?

Has anyone had success hiring someone locally or virtual to make calls to craigslist ads?

I had someone hired through Odesk doing this for me for around $3.50 an hour about 6 months ago. I stopped working with them b/c of some issues developed with the quality of their phone connection but I have noticed a slowdown in new deals without them.

Has anyone else used someone to assist them with signing up deals? What tasks did you give them to do?

I am looking to hire someone again but I am having trouble deciding on what I should have them do. Like what questions to ask and what I am looking for the assistant to accomplish with each phone call.

I considered having a seller "rep" but outside of the financial hickey, I was never comfortable with someone possibly misrepresenting the program to a seller, because if they do, that's what is going to hurt you.

What about having the VA make calls to gather information and ask some basic questions that will tell you whether or not you should get on the phone with them yourself right away or whether the VA should check back in a month before you waste your time with someone who's not interested/qualified? That way you're not wasting time calling people who are definitley not interested or who are asking for 15,000 down and 3,000/mo for a house that's worth 1800/mo

That might save you some time?

Hey guys,

These are both sides of the issue I am considering too. I am trying to determine how detailed I want my VA to get with the sellers on the phone. Overly detailed and they will end up pitching the deal for me and not enough questions during each call would be a waste of time and money.

I am still playing with the phone script. I can post it here when I'm finished.

Chris, I bought that book "High Probability Selling" after you recommended it to someone else on the board. It was good! I plan on having the VA take that approach with as many sellers as possible during their shift and then I can call those back who don't disqualify themselves.

Cole,

Come up with the information you want them to get you, and create them a script. Tell them to limit it to only that information.

Lynn (FL)

Don't know if this will help you, but this is the "Script" that I base my calls around. Obviously a script can't be read line for line, but these are the questions I use to gather important information to know if a prospect qualifies or if they're disqualified. Feel free to use it and tweak it or whatever you'd like to do with it :-)

QualifyingScript.pdf

I think it would be beneficial to have someone (Independent contractor or VA) handle all of the information gathering, explaining the process, handle the contracts, etc. Wouldn't this be the best process to free up time to do other activities?

ASsuming it's a VA from India, why not have a hoot with people and after Ackmel (heavy hacking sound) asks How much do you owe on your domicile? Would you consider a lease purchase? Thank you very much for taking the time to talk to me...I also see that you are only getting HBO.....IF you would like, I can transfer you to my sister who is sitting beside me and she can tell you the special they are running for 4 movie channels and the NFL ticket...

HA!!!!

WHEEEEEEE!!!!!!

Inside my head...is a very special place....

ASsuming it's a VA from India, why not have a hoot with people and after Ackmel (heavy hacking sound) asks How much do you owe on your domicile? Would you consider a lease purchase? Thank you very much for taking the time to talk to me...I also see that you are only getting HBO.....IF you would like, I can transfer you to my sister who is sitting beside me and she can tell you the special they are running for 4 movie channels and the NFL ticket...

HA!!!!

WHEEEEEEE!!!!!!

The world would be a boring place without wackos like you! :lol:

HA!!!!

WHEEEEEEE!!!!!!

The world would be a boring place without wackos like you! :lol:

I'll take my chances. ^_^