The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
lhenley

Are my sellers idiots, or is it me?

You've found him a tenant/buyer and his attorney still needs to review the contracts? Does this mean that you have the sellers signatures on the lease agreement and the option to purchase agreement, or not? (usually sellers would want to have an attorney review them BEFORE signing them)

You've found him a tenant/buyer and his attorney still needs to review the contracts? Does this mean that you have the sellers signatures on the lease agreement and the option to purchase agreement, or not? (usually sellers would want to have an attorney review them BEFORE signing them)

Chris I signed an "option to lease option" that i can exercise by simply providing him with a signed lease, option agreement and the 1st months rent from the tb when i have found one, which i have.

Chris I signed an "option to lease option" that i can exercise by simply providing him with a signed lease, option agreement and the 1st months rent from the tb when i have found one, which i have.

What has the homeowner signed?

What has the homeowner signed?

He signed an option agreement giving me authority to market the home, screen tenants, and assign the lease and option i sign with a tb to him with me keeping the downpayment.

Does the agreement give him a weasel clause? Can he back out if he wants? If not, remind him of your agreement. But if he still won't go along, it's over. You really don't want to work with a homeowner who isn't going to cooperate.

Not too long ago I had a woman agree to a deal, only to receive an irate phone call from her daddy two days later, claiming I was a con man and a crook. His attitude fired me up, and I told him it was too late, the agreements were signed and that was that. B) Just wanted to tweak him for being such an ass. Two days letter I received a letter in the mail from him, threatening legal action, blah. . .blah. . .blah. Needless to say, I let it die at that point.