The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Kyle-OH

Realtor Called Me

Realtor Called me because I had sent one of her "clients" a postcard. (Expireds) She was wanting to know what my companies does. I explained to her what we do. I even explained to her that she could keep her commission. She then proceeded to ask me how she would get her commission for my tenant buyer because she wanted her full 6% commission. She wanted to know what contracts I used. She also asked if I always market to listed properties. She wanted to know every little detail.

So in the middle of her talking I said........ Ma'am, not to be rude but I don't have time to tell you every little detail about our program. If your client is open to a lease option , I could help, but I have way more properties to look at today and I have to get going. That really pissed her off and she said GOODLUCK and hung up.

All she was worried about is how she was going to get her commission and defiantly did not have the sellers best interest in mind.

My question is should I put at the bottom of my post cards something on the lines of "If you relisted with a Realtor please disregard this postcard"?

Oh, noes, another angry Agent! :lol: Kyle, that's part of the initiation rite of being a Naked Investor. . .pissing off Agents. We've all had similar calls. When I get one, I just tell the Agent I sent out a mailing to the neighborhood and it happened to include her client. If I'm in a sweet mood, I'll congratulate her for having such a loyal client that he went to her and didn't pick up the phone and call me. That pretty much concludes the conversation. I don't owe the Agent anything more than that.

On the other hand, pilot does nothing but market to listed properties and he's only been arrested twice, I believe. You may want to read some of his posts regarding his methods.

Odd....I've never irritated an agent...also odd that somebody that is licensed by the state would even seem slightly concerned about a commission...normally they only care about the client...

• Like 1

Oh, noes, another angry Agent! :unsure: Kyle, that's part of the initiation rite of being a Naked Investor. . .pissing off Agents. We've all had similar calls. When I get one, I just tell the Agent I sent out a mailing to the neighborhood and it happened to include her client. If I'm in a sweet mood, I'll congratulate her for having such a loyal client that he went to her and didn't pick up the phone and call me. That pretty much concludes the conversation. I don't owe the Agent anything more than that.

On the other hand, pilot does nothing but market to listed properties and he's only been arrested twice, I believe. You may want to read some of his posts regarding his methods.

Hi Michael,

Do you happen to have a link to the posts regarding marketing to active realtor listings from pilot76180?

I found this post http://www.naked-investor.com/forums/index...t76180++realtor

But it doesn't seem to explain his process.

Thanks,

Erik

Erik, there are probably several of them throughout the Marketing Forum. I don't have the specific links, but if you do some reading there you'll find lots of info about marketing, in general, not only specifically marketeing to listed properties.

Realtor Called me because I had sent one of her "clients" a postcard. (Expireds) She was wanting to know what my companies does. I explained to her what we do. I even explained to her that she could keep her commission. She then proceeded to ask me how she would get her commission for my tenant buyer because she wanted her full 6% commission. She wanted to know what contracts I used. She also asked if I always market to listed properties. She wanted to know every little detail.

So in the middle of her talking I said........ Ma'am, not to be rude but I don't have time to tell you every little detail about our program. If your client is open to a lease option , I could help, but I have way more properties to look at today and I have to get going. That really pissed her off and she said GOODLUCK and hung up.

All she was worried about is how she was going to get her commission and defiantly did not have the sellers best interest in mind.

My question is should I put at the bottom of my post cards something on the lines of "If you relisted with a Realtor please disregard this postcard"?

Kyle,

I do use that line as you quoted. Of course I am also licensed agent. Now when it comes to agents, they need to eat just like investors do. If she was more open minded, you can find several ways to pay. 6% is nuts, unless you can fund it on the back end. My standard is 25% of the collected balance at time of option paid and the remainder of 4% paid upon exercising of option. Of course the deal has to afford to pay it. If not then numbers can be adjusted. Now, this is for one of MY OWN DEALS!...not a C/A

Kyle,

I do use that line as you quoted. Of course I am also licensed agent. Now when it comes to agents, they need to eat just like investors do. If she was more open minded, you can find several ways to pay. 6% is nuts, unless you can fund it on the back end. My standard is 25% of the collected balance at time of option paid and the remainder of 4% paid upon exercising of option. Of course the deal has to afford to pay it. If not then numbers can be adjusted. Now, this is for one of MY OWN DEALS!...not a C/A

Perhaps I missed something. Why would we pay ANYTHING to a realtor? Because I bought my tv at HHGREGG because they had a better deal than Best Buy, does that mean HHGREGG owes Best Buy some sort of commission?

Seriously, I'm lost.

Kyle,

Perhaps I missed something. Why would we pay ANYTHING to a realtor? Because I bought my tv at HHGREGG because they had a better deal than Best Buy, does that mean HHGREGG owes Best Buy some sort of commission?

Seriously, I'm lost.

Well, if it is listed, it is sellers contract. I gladly pay referral fees to Realtors. The can be a good asset. If there us room in the deal and if you can be a hero to the agent in saving the listing, you are going to be better off. Last thing you want to do is jump listings and bash Realtors. They do know how to protect their own. A lawsuit can add a few grand in expenses.