The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
#1investor_cream

CREAM is BACK!!!

Hello Friends,

It's a Long time since I've been in the Forum. I will Explain WHY, later Tonight.

Just a Quick Question before I explain everything that happened this past Year (2010)

and Why I am Back in the Business. I have been Looking at the Market and it's pretty Wild.

So here we Go,

I have a Realtor/Broker sending me Lease Option Deals like Crazy here in South Florida.

How Can I structure the Deal if the Property is Listed so it's a Win, Win, Win Situation?

Would it make Sense for me to Move Forward on these Deals?

The Numbers are Right and The Homeowners are Motivated. What Throws me Off

is the Broker attached to the Deal, I have never Completed a C/A with a Realtor in the Mix!

Welcome back, Erik. Good to speak with you the other day, and good to see you back here.

As for the Broker, have you discussed what he wants out of the deal? Does he want a cut of the option money? Will he be content with his commission if/when the option is exercised? You need to have a talk and clarify where you both stand in this relationship.

Welcome back, Erik. Good to speak with you the other day, and good to see you back here.

As for the Broker, have you discussed what he wants out of the deal? Does he want a cut of the option money? Will he be content with his commission if/when the option is exercised? You need to have a talk and clarify where you both stand in this relationship.

Hey MC,

It was a Pleasure speaking with you also. I am Glad we Connected..

Since the Broker Listed the Properties he was Asking for the Commission on the Rent.

Plus the Commission when the Option is Executed.

I told him I will speak to my Partners and Get back to him. The Option Fee goes to me since I put the

T/B in place. I just wanted to know how I can structure the deal with a Realtor involved or

If anyone has done Deals like this Before using the Agent that listed the Properties.

The Relationship is based on him finding me the right properties. I know the Broker very well

and I know he would not want out on the Deals he Listed. I just thought it would make it harder for the Homeowner to understand

what is going on.

Erik, adding a Realtor to the mix definitely complicates matters. Probably even more in the eyes of the homeowner. I think you'd be hard pressed to find a homeowner willing to go along with the Realtor getting a cut of the rent. If he isn't happy with the possiblity of receiving his commissio when the option is exercised, (can't blame him if he isn't), then maybe you can work out some agreement on splitting the option money. I don't like thinking that, let alone saying it. But if this Realtor brings you enough business, it's in everyone's interest to make it work.

then maybe you can work out some agreement on splitting the option money. I don't like thinking that, let alone saying it.
;) Can't believe you said that MC! Must be because it's the end of the week. :P

Don't realtors just receive an amount equal to one month's rent as a rental fee? And only a cut of the rent (10%) if they manage the property? If the agent wants that much, set the agent up with his own SLOs via assignment B)

Hi Erik,

If the Agent is bringing you deals then they will probably be flexible on the commission which is good. In this market, Agents are willing to take commissions any way they can. I work with a lot of investors and I'm willing to make it work for everyone.

I'm going to throw this out there. You might want to consider getting a real estate license. Most Agents don't know how to be real estate investors. But an investor with a license can be a great thing! Just an idea.

Lev

. . .I'm going to throw this out there. You might want to consider getting a real estate license. Most Agents don't know how to be real estate investors. But an investor with a license can be a great thing! Just an idea.

Lev

That's always been a head scratcher for me, Lev. With easy access to all that is being bought and sold in the community, I would think every Agent would be big time into doing their own thing, in addition to being an Agent/Broker and all that entails.

Lev

That's always been a head scratcher for me, Lev. With easy access to all that is being bought and sold in the community, I would think every Agent would be big time into doing their own thing, in addition to being an Agent/Broker and all that entails.

It's a head scratcher for me too. I was an investor before I got my license. (Investing the old fashion way B) ) There are a ton of agents that have been in business way longer than I have that come to me for advice. They don't know how to work with their investor clients and it confuses me. How can you be in business for 20 years and not know how to work with investors?.... or.... never invest in real estate? It's a major case of not seeing the trees for the forest.

List and sell is so hard wired into their brains, they would rather jump out of the business than switch gears and become an investor. It's mind boggling.