The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
verbatim

Biggest realtor in town called my add

Well she may not be the biggest but her ads are everywhere in the city and all over the internet. Today she emailed my craigslist ad stating she wanted to see the house [which is listed by the way for 300+ days with someone else] for herself. I emailed her back and asked for her phone number but hat do you think guys? I mean has anyone done l-o's with realtors as tenants before?

Is she looking for herself or for a client?

You say she's the most prominent Realtor in the city, but that just means she knows how to get her name out there.

I had a similar situation with the Realtor as the tenant, and it didn't quite turn out how I expected. Don't let the fact that her name is everywhere and she's a Realtor catch you off guard... Treat her just like any other tenant/buyer who you've never heard of :)

Ok thanks guys. I'll let you know who she's asking for when i speak with her, although her email did say:

Hi, can I come take a look at this home for myself either today or tomorrow, depending on your schedule?

Since she wrote what she did, it sure sounds as if she is looking for herself. In which case you treat her like any other prospective t/b.

it's been days and i never heard back from her. I replied to her craigslist email from a gmail account and nada. I don't know if she was hoping i'd reply from a company or my website email or what. oh well/

I am a real estate broker / agent. You are probably getting more request from agents than you think. I'm surprised she presented herself as herself and not behind a fake name and email. We fish for ads and have swipe files of marketing ideas from others. If she does a lot of marketing now, she probably fishing. Also keep in mind, a Realtor with a lot of ads isn't always a big fish. The bulk of our business should come from referrals. If shes spending a ton on advertising, the she has a lot of money going out than coming in.

Lev