The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
<Steve>

Post Card Marketing

Good article, thanks Steve. I understand every day more and more that marketing is THE KEY in RE business.

Talking about marketing.... I have a question ^_^

Due to my JOB ;) I cant answer calls all day long, but I want to post a number on bandit signs with prerecorded message. Which company can I use? I got google number but I dont think I can record any message there. And what scripts do you guys use in that message?

If there was a post like that before, sorry.

Thanks

birtane-

Yes, I had the same problem when I had the J.O.B. I would spend my lunch hour and after work catching up on phone calls. And when I had properties available it got crazy.

I have been using VoiceNation.com They have different packages to choose from. I use it now more for calls from potential tenant/buyers. I have a main recording first that lists the properties I have available with an extension number for each property. The caller can enter the extension number and get a second recording about the specific property and how the RTO works. It works good to screen out those who would not qualify or just want info.

I have not tried it with sellers per say; however, don't see why it wouldn't work. Regarding scripts, others may have some they use, or look at the marketing stuff in the manual and tailor the verbage to fit the message you are wanting on your recording.

I too have a J.O.B., so I have to send my calls to voice mail. I'm using a Magic Jack account with a local number. After you've purchased the hub ($20.00), you get unlimited calls for $20.00 per year. I'm notified of any messages via email, and MJ captures the caller's number.

For a toll free number, I've found Kall 8 the least expensive. $2.00 per month, plus 7-cents per minute. I also have that set up to notify me via email of any messages. You can have your Kall 8 calls forwarding to your Magic Jack phone, so all your calls are hearing the same message. Or, set up the Kall 8 number to be your "24-Hour Recorded Message" line.

It's not ideal, but I've found this to be a good place to start, until I can hire a live person to answer my calls.

Lynn (FL)

It has been my experience that this card wont pull well as other larger cards. For a few reasons

1) Size matters and it appears to be the 4x6 post card, probably so you can use a first class post card stamp. Issue is that it get lost in the other junk mail. A first class stamp is .26 cents, a stamp that will handle upto a 6x9 is .273 and if mailing within the area .213 using a bulk mail permit.

2) Drop the 800 number... In the old days before VOIPs you had to have a 800 number to disguise the fact that you lived two states away. Get a ring central 4.99 monthly local number.

3) Tell your story. People who respond to post cards like the story of what we do.

4) be careful not to put STOP FORECLOSURE too boldly on the postcard. May be a little offensive.

Just my take.

Interesting advice from Michael Q.

I have done a decent number of mailing campaigns with letters but have yet to try a postcard.

I think I will start looking into putting one together shortly.

Do you all who use postcards notice a significant difference in response rate between your postcards and letters/yellow letters? I am guessing using the postcard is just one of the many different approaches in your drip campaigns..

Postcards get read BEFORE they are thrown into "File 13". IF your letter looks like junk mail, it probably won't.

Lynn (FL)

I do like knowing from Michael Q. that you can use a larger card 6x9 and the postage is only about a penny more.

It is going up in a couple months by .003 cents. lol and if you mail within your area it is cheaper... Naturally the permit cost a little. 180 each year and if memory is correct a 180 one time fee. However worth every cent when sending a ton of postcards.

You can save a few dollars on the permit fee by using click2mail or another mail service. I havent used C2M however I hear the neg is that it is difficult to get all of the wording within the areas allowed. The price is right however.

If you do them yourself buy a hp2025, they run 499.00 sometimes on sale for 399. big issue is that they are 4 over 4 two sided printers that handle up to 110 pound stock. problem is that over the counter ink is 500.00 bucks and only expect to get about 3000 cards out of that. If you buy from 4inkjet.com you can get reconditioned ink for 240.00.

The positive is that you can get your mail out fast and if needed change the message on the fly.

Good luck

Got a call this morning and have a meeting with a seller from post card marketing to listed houses this month. Unfortunately our call kept dropping, so I am going to have to look at his kitchen before making an offer. But he seems motivated.

Nice. Overall, Steve, what kind of results from mailing to listed properties? How many mailed, how many replies? Any irate Agents threatening you? :blush:

Nice. Overall, Steve, what kind of results from mailing to listed properties? How many mailed, how many replies? Any irate Agents threatening you? :blush:

MC, I really just started back this month (March). My last attempted at post cards was last Octoberish. So, at the beginning of this month I sent post cards to the old list where houses were still on the market. The last week or so has been to a new list of current listings.

I really focused on demographics; specific zip codes, price point and nice houses in good areas. I only send out about 100 to 150 per week. I did receive another call this afternoon from a seller that received my post card. I can see that if you were to send out a few thousand how that could make the phone ring.

No irate agents. :wacko: This week I am going to send a second round of post cards and also keep building the list.

Can't really give accurate stats of replies at this point. With post cards you don't get the immediate yes or no response as with email marketing. I think with post cards it seems to be about persistence and sending out 3 or 4 rounds of cards to the same list.

But I received a couple calls today and met with a seller so that is cool.

.. With post cards you don't get the immediate yes or no response as with email marketing. I think with post cards it seems to be about persistence and sending out 3 or 4 rounds of cards to the same list.
I agree with you, Stevie.

I haven't been in business since last Dec 20th 2010 due to critical family member crisis so I put the biz on hold. But now that things are better with him since last week, I am now back in biz stronger and wiser.

I have set up a brand new page strictly for FRBO only to turn them into a CA.

I then came up with a bullet proof email to test and see how many people would click on the link page on my emails.

I sent out 15 emails to CL For rent ads 3 days ago. From those 15 emails, all of them clicked on the link and viewed my new page.

From those 15 clicks, two I already have under contract and two are pending.. I spent not a dime on marketing.

I've learned that people don't buy services or products.. People buy stories (testimonials), so instead of me telling them on my page the benefits of the CA, I tell them how I helped a landlord few months ago with his rental headaches.

I'm still testing this new email and page combo and will report it in the future.. just saying :blush:

BEV!

P.S. Stevie, are you still doing email marketing?