The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
JHarper

1st Closing this past week!

Hi everybody I just wanted to pop in and give a quick update of whats been going on in my business since I left John Jackson's Lease Option Classes. Since leaving his class I have been able to really structure a business that I think will have a tremendous upside in today's real estate market. I just closed my 1st deal this past week on Friday and I have to say it went rather smoothly considering all the phone calls the seller had given me with questions up until the closing. This is the 1st deal of many to come I hope. I now have 5 or 6 other deals working in the pipeline right now. 1 of the deals should have closed this week, but my seller had an issue with his lender on his new home so we are waiting to see if he can lease purchase the home or if he has to sell it outright. I already have a buyer for the house who is ready to close. I also spoke with a seller yesterday who is ready to sign up 2 other houses in our program. So I would say everything is really starting to roll. The best advise that I can give any new investors looking to get into this business is to just get out there and start taking action. So what if you don't have a huge budget to send out mailers to sellers. I would suggest when first starting out to just pick up the phone and call FSBO and FRBO's. You have to learn to speak with sellers anyways so why not practice for free. In my opinion I would strongly recommend doing this before even thinking about spending money sending out mailers. (Just my opinion) Another suggestion is to be confident when you are on the phone with sellers. What I have found from speaking with sellers everyday is the more confident you are in the program, and you are able to answers their questions without say huh and I dont know a million times the better chances you will have of getting them to do a deal with you. Trust me if you have taken Johns Course or if you have the manual from MC then you know more about lease purchasing than 95% of the sellers you will be talking to so don't be intimidated. The program is not for everybody so don't worry if some say no that's fine because some will say yes! And believe me you don't want to do business with everybody anyway trust me. I had a deal wrapped up with the seller and buyer and the seller was such a pain in the ass that once we had a buyer who wanted to move forward she backed out on me last minute. Just another day in the life from the trenches! Just my two cents!

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!

I would suggest when first starting out to just pick up the phone and call FSBO and FRBO's. You have to learn to speak with sellers anyways so why not practice for free. In my opinion I would strongly recommend doing this before even thinking about spending money sending out mailers.

Excellent advice! I agree 100%

When I first started, I had a ton of money set aside for the business. Virtually all of it went in to direct mail and bandit signs. Looking back I can remember some of the sellers I spoke with and I certainly missed out on at least a few deals because of my lack of experience talking on the phone/ selling my offer/service. Of course once I started getting the hang of it, my marketing budget had practically disappeared and I had to start calling FSBO's for the first time. LOL

I learned though!

Great post and congratulations!

Hi, Jamie. It was great seeing you yesterday in Fort Worth. Your efforts have paid off nicely and I'm proud of you for staying the course and getting things moving! It's only the beginning, my friend. Thanks for sharing it all. :blush:

Well, we are all sitting here in Ft. Worth in the class, and Eric even blessed us with his presence today! I have to say, the class seems much more upbeat today with me leading the class, and everyone seems to feel as if the training has now begun. HA!

I told Jamey to post a copy of his cashiers check when he can to show that he made it happen!

Another suggestion is to be confident when you are on the phone with sellers. What I have found from speaking with sellers everyday is the more confident you are in the program, and you are able to answers their questions without say huh and I dont know a million times the better chances you will have of getting them to do a deal with you. Trust me if you have taken Johns Course or if you have the manual from MC then you know more about lease purchasing than 95% of the sellers you will be talking to so don't be intimidated. The program is not for everybody so don't worry if some say no that's fine because some will say yes!

I was reading this thread yesterday when I got a call...It helped me a lot to go into that call with a confident mindset. I haven't done any LO variants yet...(all sub 2 flips to this point)but feel like it fit well into my callers situation. One thing...don't forget to ask for the sale. It was great when I said "this is how we do business, blah, blah, blah, does that sound like something that would work for you Mrs seller? and she said YES! (even though it turned into I need to talk to my husband.) :unsure:

Anyways, just wanted to say congrats on getting out there and doing some deals and pushing the positive energy!

Aloha,

Matt