The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
pilot76180

A picture's worth...about $7k....

In the classes I always stress to not take cash, as the lenders wont' be able to credit the buyers when it comes time to close. But....sometimes things happen...

We had a very nice gentleman who is moving here from oversees..Pakistan I believe...and apparently his domicile there was under some sort of surveillance...or something...and he is bringing a number of his followers here to the US for some sort of training...the details were a little sketchy...I think it had to do with..Dying for Allah...some rock group or something...not quite sure...but nevertheless, they seem to deal with cash, so here we have $7k that they brought us.

I don't get overly nosey on the applications, but they seemed like a nice group. I'm going to go to iTunes and see if I can find some of their music...

post-321-1304954150.jpg

^_^

Reminds me of the time when I was living in Abuquerque and a couple wanted to move into a Rent To Own I had on the market. They spoke no English, had no credit history or verifiable background, but they did have $3K cash in hand, (actually in a brown paper bag), plus the first month's rent, (also in that brown paper bag). I broke all my rules and gave 'em the keys. :P

They paid the rent on time every month, in cash, which required a personal visit to the house. But they were always cordial and had a shot of tequila waiting for me. :D One day, about six months into the lease, they up and vanished. To make a long story short, after getting back into the house all I found was a mattress and a small gram scale. I suppose business was good and they moved to a better neighborhood. ;)

Ahh...i remember you telling that story...how would the lender apply the tequila towards funds to close though? ;)

I'm sure after a shot or three of the liquid gold the lender would have rubber stamped the application.

In the classes I always stress to not take cash, as the lenders wont' be able to credit the buyers when it comes time to close. But....sometimes things happen...

We had a very nice gentleman who is moving here from oversees..Pakistan I believe...and apparently his domicile there was under some sort of surveillance...or something...and he is bringing a number of his followers here to the US for some sort of training...the details were a little sketchy...I think it had to do with..Dying for Allah...some rock group or something...not quite sure...but nevertheless, they seem to deal with cash, so here we have $7k that they brought us.

I don't get overly nosey on the applications, but they seemed like a nice group. I'm going to go to iTunes and see if I can find some of their music...

Maybe I'm ignorant, John, but that looks like $8k to me. Two things in this world that drive me bonkers: people who can't count. LOL

If you're looking to unload the 10 bills that snuck into this photo, I'll give you my address...

Two things in this world that drive me bonkers: people who can't count. LOL

Funy!

8 of the bills are 50's....so...it looks like about $7600...it was actually $7603, but the little $1 bills seemed to ruin the picture.

I could actually hear Pilot telling me this story as I read it. Probably that thick Texas accent :P Well that's it for now...On to more important things for the day. Where the heck did I put that surf board?

Hi, Jake, and welcome aboard! Looking forward to meeting you in October. Don't forget to bring your surfboard, too! On day two we fill the back of John's pickup with water and he drives over some speed bumps real fast. You'll swear you're in SoCal. :P

Whoa!!!!!!! I got ripped off then!..........(being that I'm the surfer guy on the forum)

No car/truck surfing included in my package deal I guess..... :P

Well....come to think of it, maybe it was a good thing. While I was in Texas with John, it was 28degrees and when I saw all you guys in Atlanta, it was about 50degrees.

I'm gonna hold out for the Plantation, FL seminar so I can hop on over to Primanti Brothers for lunch and then pop over to the beach to catch some waves.

post-7347-1306202276.jpg

Hi, Jake, and welcome aboard! Looking forward to meeting you in October. Don't forget to bring your surfboard, too! On day two we fill the back of John's pickup with water and he drives over some speed bumps real fast. You'll swear you're in SoCal. :P

Thanks Michael, I look forward to meeting you in person :) Pilot told me on the phone today he was going to bring you some crackers and some Depends® underwear for the event. He says your getting too old for those 12 hour days so he is going to slap an IV into your arm and pump you full of Epinephrine. By the way, Depends® actually stands for Depends® on whether you make it or not.

Whoa!!!!!!! I got ripped off then!..........(being that I'm the surfer guy on the forum)

No car/truck surfing included in my package deal I guess..... :P

Well....come to think of it, maybe it was a good thing. While I was in Texas with John, it was 28degrees and when I saw all you guys in Atlanta, it was about 50degrees.

I'm gonna hold out for the Plantation, FL seminar so I can hop on over to Primanti Brothers for lunch and then pop over to the beach to catch some waves.

Primanto Brothers? How's a guy from Hilton Head know about that place?? :) I haven't been there myself, but that's because when it comes to pizza I can't get past Anthony's Coal Fired Pizza. It isn't Lombardi's in Manhattan but, then again, no place is. That said, in this part of the planet, Anthony's can't be beat.

Hi, Jake, and welcome aboard! Looking forward to meeting you in October. Don't forget to bring your surfboard, too! On day two we fill the back of John's pickup with water and he drives over some speed bumps real fast. You'll swear you're in SoCal. B)

Thanks Michael, I look forward to meeting you in person :) Pilot told me on the phone today he was going to bring you some crackers and some Depends® underwear for the event. He says your getting too old for those 12 hour days so he is going to slap an IV into your arm and pump you full of Epinephrine. By the way, Depends® actually stands for Depends® on whether you make it or not.

Looks like Jackson has hired you to do his dirty work and take shots at me, eh Jake? You'll be hearing from the AARP lawyers any day now.

No pizza joint here o wise and knowledgable one......this is the Ft. Lauderdale location of Pittsburgh's "Almost Famous" Sandwich Restaurant..... Primanti Brothers.....where the sandwiches consist of grilled meat, tomato slices AND cole slaw & french fries INSIDE two pieces of italian bread.

I may be making a trip down to FLA the end of July to Primanti's so I'll see if I can steal you away from all those scantly clad models on the beach for lunch.

I must admit that is one fine looking sandwich. I may have to venture off my well worn trail and hit up Primanti's in the near future, Darin. Menu looks interesting and there's few locations in my area. I imagine if I drop your name I'll receive the usual 20% off the top?

I must admit that is one fine looking sandwich. I may have to venture off my well worn trail and hit up Primanti's in the near future, Darin. Menu looks interesting and there's few locations in my area. I imagine if I drop your name I'll receive the usual 20% off the top?

Only if you bring that AARP card will they offer the 20% off. You also have to enter the coupon code 'oldtimerplus' when you walk in. As for the AARP lawyers, make sure you give them my new address in Albuquerque. It's at 420 Cannabis Drive in the small town of Brown Bag. A great Lease Purchase deal that I locked up for a bottle of Jose Cuervo.... It was a 10 minute deal ... something about Federales, Green Cards, and drug lords? I am still trying to air the place out. Smells like skunks, dynamite, Carne asada, and fish tacos. I am going to ask for 60000 pesos Option Consideration.

I swear...I try to get some work done and leave the forum for a day and all hell breaks loose.

First, I didn't realize that was a pic of a sandwich...I thought that was the inside of MC's arteries.

I'll be in Cocoa Beach in July, then up towards Destin after that.

I have no plans of going too close to Plantation, as I have reproduced, and I just can't let them see the dark side at such an early age.