The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Jonathan RexfordFL

Side by Side Comparison

I am creating a side by side comparison: Looking to compare selling a house as a real estate agent vs selling as an investor

Here is what I have come up with so far. Of course the list can change and be modified. We are averaging in my market place 5 months on market and final list/sold is about 91.65% on average...then loading up another 3% closing and commission and then you are down to 82%. So why not we use this as investors to our advantage in some marketing. Give me some ideas and let's get a list going.

Conventional:

•List for 180 days•Lose equity each month•Reduce price•Wait for picky buyer•Do repairs

CREATIVE:

•List for 4 weeks•Get a higher price•Don’t have to reduce price•More buyers•Do not need repairs

More aggressive and diversified marketing. No one has more of an interest in selling my property than I do. When listed with an Agent the house gets dumped on MLS and the waiting game begins. If I'm selling it myself I can ramp up the marketing and try different ways to get attention.

I'll stand on my head til my ears turn red to beat anyone's deal. ;)

. . . Creative:

-No commissions or fees

-No closing cost

We work together with you!

Jonathan

91.65% of what? Original list price on MLS? So 91.65% of wishful thinking.

Micheal

Nice ad, I used something very similar and got a good response for my investor side, the bonus is my Broker side got several nice listings from sellers that preferred that avenue which made placing the ad worth while just on that basis. How did it work out for you?

BTI

Jon,

Since you're also an agent, do you show sellers the side-by-side figures, and let them decide which way to go?

Lynn (FL)

Lynn,

I don't. This is a presentation that I am working on. When I approach a seller I am always working as an investor unless it is a property, I don't want to buy. But I will always show them the cost of sale. It really doesn't matter if it is an investor or real estate agent. The costs are about the same. Sure investors say we can save 6% but in all reality, we cannot as we need to get a discount to be involved. There are some inherient costs when working with the deals. Lease Options are just some of them.

Mr. Seller

91.65% of the time I will get you the price you "need" I negotiate terms not your price with a t/b.

The ad worked great and with exception of my 30 minute infomercial it pulled the best response. The shotgun ads are really great for high audiences. In todays market I like yellow letters better since not everyone is a selling canidate..