The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
scotty205

Hi, L/O NOOB

I just wanted to introduce myself and say hello to everyone. I follow this forum everyday as well as BP and REI. I am new in investing and have started out working on wholesale deals. I have 1 deal pending in wholesaling and have been talking to sellers. No deals done yet though. I came here because Michael is highly recommended on other forums and I would like to learn his techniques. I'm not sure how the l/O works but I'm sure Michael will guide me in the right direction. I've been using yellow letters and postcards and my response rate has been really good at about 10% out of every 100, Ive only sent 200. I'm always upfront with my sellers and tell them that I put houses under contract and then I have cash buyers that will pay a little more. My prob is, I would rather work with owners that get a fair price for their house and I help them and make a little money too. Pilot has also helped in making my decision to go into L/O, so thanks I appreciate it.

Scotty, welcome aboard. Glad you found us. You're approaching your new business the right way. I've always said the two best ways to break into real estate are via wholesaling and lease options. I find the latter much easier for the n00b. Let's face it, there are too many new investors who are comfortable and competent at negotiating the price of a house down to .35 on the dollar. And that's pretty much what you have to do in wholesaling. Lease options, on the other hand, are met with much less resistance by homeowners since you can offer a much higher price. The bottom line is you'll find yourself doing more deals.

Get good, then get big. :P

My wife says I'm only good because I'm big....

WElcome Scotty!

I can only imagine what forums have MC's name in the mix....yikes!

My wife says I'm only good because I'm big....

WElcome Scotty!

I can only imagine what forums have MC's name in the mix....yikes!

Classic Jackson. . . :P