The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
speedingpenguin

Voice Blasts / Broadcasts vs. Cold Calling

I know at least one other lease/option teacher has his students doing voice blasts to classified ads for rent/ for sale by owner, and I'm sure it works (otherwise why would they be doing it?), I'm curious if anyone on here has tried this method and if so, is there typically a good response?

Cold calling is well and good, but it's time consuming to weed through the sellers/landlords who aren't interested or are way out of line as far as what they expect to get for $$$

I'd rather be spending my time talking with slightly more pre-qualified leads so doing some voice blasts seems like the logical thing to try next (as far as working with FSBO/FRBO ads)

Does anyone on here do this at all, and if so, have you had a decent response?

What type of message do you send out when doing something like this? Any tips? I'm gonna try it with some older FRBO leads I haven't gotten to yet.... :P

Although I dont think we have to adhere to the DNC there may be issues with voiceblasts and attending the call.. I would suggest hire someone off or Odesk for 3 bucks an hour and have them cold call.

BTW you can load the telephone number into my text system and send an audio text...

I don't do voice blasts because whenever I receive one I hang up the phone. I hate being on the receiving end of those damn calls. I don't think I'm unique in this regard.

I'm the same way MC, so my own thought is "it wont work", but I hear about other people doing it / teaching it so it makes me wonder if maybe it does work sometimes?

MQ, I checked out your text website a while back and tried it out, my only concern is that it's not from my phone number (or any local number, for that matter...)

I've done text messaging with Google Voice (which is the number I use anyway) and had a decent response. Lots of "undeliverable"s though. Maybe I'll stick with that and just call the ones that don't make it through, unless anyone else has input on voice blasting?

Thanks guys!

I'm the same way MC, so my own thought is "it wont work", but I hear about other people doing it / teaching it so it makes me wonder if maybe it does work sometimes?

Chris, I'm not saying voice blasts are a complete miss. Like any marketing method it will prove to have its pros and cons, and will certainly vary in effectiveness from person to person and from month to month. Someone trying it out this month might find success. Another person in a different locale might find it to be a flop. That same person with good results this month might find next month to be the opposite. Like all marketing, the strategy is a fluid one, always changing shape and form and offering varying results.

As for people "teaching" it, all that tells me is this is yet another market for yet another guru to separate a gullible public from their money. :P

LOL :P

Maybe I'll give it a shot using someone elses voice and name and see if it gets different results from me cold calling.