The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
pilot76180

Direct mail

Lynn-

Just the address & my logo. I get more of a responce when sticking it to mail boxes. But I don't push hard with direct mail marketing either.

Post_Card_Address.pdf

I think the post cards like John's that briefly give the advantages have a better responce rate, from the calls I have received anyway. But sometimes less is more.

What if their last name isn't Seller?

Well I try to market to all the Sellers out there that I can find, and if they don't get it, with the Advantages I can offer than their names must be Stupid.

And I try not to market to Stupid.

Like the card by-the-way. Boat houses great idea!

That is very good! This "woman", is this the same one you introduced to me in the alley in Fort Worth? Or the cross-dresser in Atlanta? :P

Don't know about the cross dresser, although I do remember you asking if I had change for $100...I assumed it was for the valet...

Lynn-

Just the address & my logo. I get more of a responce when sticking it to mail boxes. But I don't push hard with direct mail marketing either.

Post_Card_Address.pdf

I think the post cards like John's that briefly give the advantages have a better responce rate, from the calls I have received anyway. But sometimes less is more.

What if their last name isn't Seller?

Well I try to market to all the Sellers out there that I can find, and if they don't get it, with the Advantages I can offer than their names must be Stupid.

And I try not to market to Stupid.

Like the card by-the-way. Boat houses great idea!

I figure I can LO a boat house just like a regular house, and it's an untapped market..

I'll let you all know what happens when title asks for the survey... :P

John,

I would like her postcard business info. ALL other info about her I'll leave for you and MC.

Lynn (FL)

I have 2 different graphic artist that put these together and they have done some other work for me on other projects.

I like to give them each and idea or task to run with, and see what they each come back with.

I've put their contact info below.

If you contact them, let them know that John Jackson with Leasing to Buy referred you, so they realize just how powerful I am, and also so they will have a better idea from the start of what you're looking for.

https://www.odesk.com/users/Typesetter-Prin...3ac65c9acd23186

https://www.odesk.com/users/Typesetter-Grap...07183?sid=28001

When you hire VA's, you'll find that they each will have their particular strengths and you start to get a feel for who to direct a task to.

For the graphic stuff, I like giving it to both of them, and I've even combined the results for the final product before.

I attached a postcard as well to look at. (I don't think I posted this one yet)

Lease_to_Buy_postcard_front_2.pdf

I'm impressed with the BBB accreditation (holy smokes! no red squiggle lines from spell checker, that MUST be a real word) on it's own. I guess I just always associated the BBB with retail businesses like Walmart and Best Buy.

Thanks for the VA links! I'm not quite to that point yet but when I am, I know where to go.

Why am I so stinking blind to this one concept?(sorry, frustration just kicked in) Take a second, muster all the patience you can, and explain to me how we buy houses above market value? Believe it or not Steve, I'm being serious. :blush: I'm sure it's right in front of my face, but as usual, I'm not seeing it.

I always use a tri-fold brochure, but I decided to see if I could spend 3 minutes putting together a postcard that would attract buyers.

I put a really crappy one together, and I'm sending out 500 of them next week, and will track the calls for 2 weeks.

I'll put a better one together and try to post it here as well.

In your experience will a nicer looking postcard like this generate a higher response than the other plain 'red' one you posted last? Thanks for the postcard as well as the Odesk peeps :)

Here is a post card I use on second or third mailings. I also use it when driving a neighborhood and see a FSBO sign, I stick it on the mail box. The other side will have the L/O advantages for the driving neighborhood cards.

This card is either why I do get calls or don't get calls. :glare: I have gotten deals off it. It's simple and a cross between a yellow letter, bandit sign and we buy houses verbage leaving them begging for more info.

The name and number has been changed to protect "my innocence."

Post_Card_Graphic2.pdf

Hey Steve,

Bear with Ms Noob here for a min please. I know we can offer them fmv but how do we offer them above mkt val. Thanks!

Hey John,

Inquiring minds want to know. You have us in the palm of your hand. We're waiting with bated breathe (what is that anyways?)

Which worked better of all your goodies, brochure pcard #1 or #2.

Pleeeese do tell

Here is a post card I use on second or third mailings. I also use it when driving a neighborhood and see a FSBO sign, I stick it on the mail box. The other side will have the L/O advantages for the driving neighborhood cards.

This card is either why I do get calls or don't get calls. :glare: I have gotten deals off it. It's simple and a cross between a yellow letter, bandit sign and we buy houses verbage leaving them begging for more info.

The name and number has been changed to protect "my innocence."

Post_Card_Graphic2.pdf

Hey Steve,

Bear with Ms Noob here for a min please. I know we can offer them fmv but how do we offer them above mkt val. Thanks!

DeeLight here is my best shot at it. Lol.

I was schooled that the true value of something is what someone is willing to pay for it.

This past spring I had a little rental property that went vacant and I put it on the market for sale with a highly recommended licensed agent with a very good reputation. I did this for 3 months just to see what would happen. What kind of responses I would get. Each month I would lower the purchase price 10%. The results were that it did not matter what the price was, any offer that was made was 20% lower than my already lowered purchase price. So after doing this I know that the property was not the problem, as it was spit shinned, in a great area, and had no problems. The pricing was not the issue, as it was well below market and well below other comparables in the area. The marketing was everywhere from me and the agent. It did not sell. Why?

I canceled the listing and put the property up as a Lease Purchase and Buy with Bank or Owner Financing. Because I own the property I was comfortable with the owner finance. The purchase price was set at a price 10% ABOVE market value. In two weeks I had a buyer with a 693 credit score, and his credit report was pages long with most everything paid, no bad marks, nice and clean. His issue was debt to income to obtain financing. There was no negotiating. He paid my full price. So my conclusion with this is that it was all about how the deal was structured to purchase. The property, the price and the marketing had nothing to do with it not selling.

Will Pay ABOVE Market Price For Your House! It is possible. And to be totaly straight with you. Back in the day, I asked MC what I could use instead of "We Buy Houses" to stand out from the pack.

• Like 1