The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
lhenley

Working deals or spring fever?

There hasn't been much traffic on the forum lately, so I was wondering if everyone is busy doing deals, or just have spring fever?

Lynn (FL)

There is definitely a lull in interest levels in real estate related activities. I talk with investors frequently enough, both veterans and wannabes, and there is a underlying fear about real estate due to the uncharted waters the economy and our government are in. The more experienced investors have the street smarts and the cash reserves to ride things out and still invest, albeit on a smaller and more cautious scale. But the new and wannabe investors who I speak with are definitely running scared, and that translates into puttng their real estate pursuits on hold until "things get better". Ironically, there probably isn't a better time for the new guy to get started than right now, what with prices depressed and homeowners motivated to talk to someone, anyone, who might be interested in their house. But then the headlines scream gloom and doom and that n00b goes running for cover.

I know a few of the gurus in this biz, and also some of the other real estate website admininstrators. Across the board all are singing the same song: courses, DVDs, seminars, and baseball cap and T-shirt sales are down, as is website traffic. It was just two weeks ago that I was blasted with a few emails from a well know lawyer/guru, offering any three of his courses for $1! :P

WOW...3 course for $1. Based on my number of emails I'm getting from gurus, I thought I was on everyone's mailing list, but I didn't receive that one.

Lynn (FL)