The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums

I seem to have an influx of people contacting me regarding my lease purchase properties and asking if they can use their section 8 vouchers. My understanding was that section 8 was set up to help low income families to afford rent and provide them with affordable housing. Am I missing something here? Is there a way that I can work with these customers, or should I add them to my list of dreamers with no money to put down and lousy credit yet want to lease purchase a $400,000 home? Any advice would be helpful. Thanks!

Mike, odd that you would have an "influx" as you describe it. Is the property in question in a low income area? Are you advertising it for rent, as well as Rent-To -Own? This might explain the Section 8 interest.

I avoid Sec 8 like the plague, but you can get some info on any programs in your area here, here, and here for starters.

I get people with Sec 8 from ads on rentalhouses.com or Clist.

I always thank them for sucking off the teat of the working people.

You can't help those people, as they can't get financed down the road.

I believe it is illegal per Federal law to use a Section 8 voucher to make a payment on a purchase contract (which the option fee is).