The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
moveright

Explain again why we market to FRBO?

Totally lost on this. (possibly a trend - something in the water at my house?)

It almost sounds to me like marketing CA's to FRBO's is opposite what we should do. based on reading's from BEV!(a thread here I just read regarding marketing) as well as Joe Mccall(a thread on this board regarding his meeting with John Jackson), it's their cash cow. I don't get it though. Wouldn't FRBO's be the most difficult prospects to get on board? They are advertising for a tenant, not someone to buy their house, AND, bev! made a comment about how she 'likes dealing with them because they are investors as well', so let's call them 'investor-landlords'. To me, these seem like people who would do their own Rent2Own program if that's what they wanted.

Alright Alright, throw your pies! but straighten me out first!

thanks in advance.

Wouldn't FRBO's be the most difficult prospects to get on board?
Not necessarily. What about the homeowner who has tried to sell without success? As a last resort to cover his mortgage and move on with his plans he decides to reluctantly rent for the first time, fearful of the tenants and toilets horror stories he's been told of. Do you think that guy might be open to hearing about tenant/buyers and your Rent To Own ideas?

They are advertising for a tenant, not someone to buy their house. . .
Great. Then they aren't expecting or needing to be cashed out.

As for the investors who are advertising a rental, you're right. They may not need you. So what? Is every house advertised for rent done so by a professional, experienced landlord? Skip the ones that are and deal with the ones that aren't.

Wouldn't FRBO's be the most difficult prospects to get on board?
Not necessarily. What about the homeowner who has tried to sell without success? As a last resort to cover his mortgage and move on with his plans he decides to reluctantly rent for the first time, fearful of the tenants and toilets horror stories he's been told of. Do you think that guy might be open to hearing about tenant/buyers and your Rent To Own ideas?

very good point. (and obviously not one I had thought of)

The Admin's reply to this question is an excellent one.

Let me also add that since all I do are FRBO (CA), I can tell you that most FRBO I deal with are investors that buy and hold properties and that's all they do.

So when I spot these prospects, I don't approach them by asking them... " Are u interested in selling your house through a lease option?", if I did, they would get ugly with me and tell me to take a hike ;)

What I do is have them sell themselves into the idea of "Rent To Own" instead.

How?

I ask them something like... " Are u interested in free quality long term tenants and early rent payments? "

10 out of 10 say "yes".. Who wouldn't? And that's all I need, the green light. Then they always ask me.. "What's the catch? "

My reply...

" You have what I want and I got what you need "

At this point I have 100% of their attention and interest at which time I start my education with them about the program.

Good luck.

BEV!