The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
stoppayingrentnh.com

Seller agreed to 5 homes lease option

I moved to Florida a month ago,and i've been pushing and pushing to get some homes under contract. I just kept telling myself,keep going that extra mile,keep going that extra mile. Calls after calls,email campaigns and all i said i wouldn't give up. Little did i know how perseverance would pay big. I got a seller to agree on letting me lease option 5 homes that he owns,2 are rented and 3 vacant. I am very happy,but want to find the best gorilla marketing ways to close on the 3 vacant ones first. The 2 rented ones,i wanted to go straight to the renters and offer the lease option to them,both have been occupied for 3 years now.Any marketing ideas to go all out would greatly help guys. I'll update when i can on the deals. Thank you in advance

Hi, Junior. It's been a while since we spoke. So tell me, how'd you get so smart, so fast? :) Glad to read you're making progress, and quickly.

But before you start popping champagne bottles you'll need to fill some of those houses. Then congratulations will be in order, my friend.

In the meantime, the first thing you must do is be sure the terms you are offering are market acceptable. If not, you'll be holding inventory for a long, long time. It's a buyers market and they are fussy these days.

Assuming your terms check out, the next step is to lay out your marketing plan. Can you put a sign on the properties? Always a good starting point, as well as directional signs around the area. I have always found signs to be an effective way to reel in t/b's.

Next, take some photos and get those properties online. Start with the various free sites, the usual suspects such as Craig's List, Backpage, etc. There will also be a good number of smaller, local sites that you can use.

What were you thinking of doing and what is your marketing budget, Junior?

Hi, Junior. It's been a while since we spoke. So tell me, how'd you get so smart, so fast? :) Glad to read you're making progress, and quickly.

But before you start popping champagne bottles you'll need to fill some of those houses. Then congratulations will be in order, my friend.

In the meantime, the first thing you must do is be sure the terms you are offering are market acceptable. If not, you'll be holding inventory for a long, long time. It's a buyers market and they are fussy these days.

Assuming your terms check out, the next step is to lay out your marketing plan. Can you put a sign on the properties? Always a good starting point, as well as directional signs around the area. I have always found signs to be an effective way to reel in t/b's.

Next, take some photos and get those properties online. Start with the various free sites, the usual suspects such as Craig's List, Backpage, etc. There will also be a good number of smaller, local sites that you can use.

I WAS PLANNING ON BLASTING THEM ON THE FREE SITES AND MAKING FLYERS WHICH WOULD BE REALLY CHEAP AT STAPLES. 3 WILL NOT ACCEPT SIGNS BECAUSE OF HOA RULES.I ALSO PLAN ON SENDING SOME POST CARDS TO RENTERS IN THE AREA.DON'T HAVE MUCH IN CASH.SELLER AGREED WITH EVERYTHING I'VE NEGOTIATED WHICH I LEARNED HERE. I DID THE 10% SUBTRACT FROM MARKET VALUE ADD 50% CREDIT AND MY FEE TO GO BACK AND TELL HIM WHAT I CAN WORK WITH.I WAS A LITTLE DISAPPOINTED ABOUT NOT BEING ABLE TO PUT THE SIGNS IN FRONT OF THE HOMES,HOPEFULLY THE OTHER WAYS WILL WORK,I REALLY DON'T WANT ANY INVENTORY THAT CAN'T MOVE. I AM ALSO NEGOTIATING A LUXURY CONDO IN AVENTURA JUST WAITING FOR SELLER TO CALL BACK.I'VE LEARNED A LOT HERE AND I USED THE TECHNIQUES YOU GUYS HAVE TRIED AND HAVE GOTTEN SOME POSITIVE RESPONSE WITH.LET ME KNOW IF THAT'S GOOD ENOUGH WITH MY MARKETING PLAN.

I FORGOT,AS FOR THE SMART PART I OWE IT TO YOU GUYS AND FAITH...

Nice going Junior, now your ready!

Can you put a sign in the window if not allowed in the yard? You may need to rely heavily on the internet.

Junior, keep going like this and we'll be calling you Senior. :)

What has been your primary source of homeowner deals so far?

Junior, keep going like this and we'll be calling you Senior. :)

What has been your primary source of homeowner deals so far?

LOL,EVER SINCE I STARTED IN NEW HAMPSHIRE,I'VE BEEN USING CRAIGSLIST AND FOR SALE BY OWNER SITES.I JUST DO EXACTLY WHAT YOU SAID TAKE THE NO'S BECAUSE IT'S LEADING ME TO A YES...I STICK TO CONTACTING 15-20 SELLERS A DAY,STICK TO THE GOAL AND REPEAT.