The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
verbatim

follow up emails?

I'm trying out a new strategy of briefly informing selling of the c/a strategy & then cutting the conversation short with them instead of selling them on it's benefits for 15-20 minutes. One of Pilots posts inspired me to try this. I do send them an email with additional info on the process with my # to call me for more info. This was done to seem 'uninterested' and cool like MC and Pilot but i'll be damned if it's not working! I must be holding the beer in the wrong hand when i'm talking to the folks.

What strategies are working for you guys when it comes to informing the sellers of the benefits? 4 minute quickies? 2 hour infomercials? or somewhere in between? I swear I don't know what i'll do if I send out 1 more email after talking to someone on the phone and they don't call back saying TAKE MY HOUSE PLLEEASSEEE, I'LL PAY YOU!

I send out the first e-mail to FSBO on Craigslist, a very generic "I saw your ad on Clist and was wondering if you would be interested in selling your property as a lease purchase?" This generates a good response rate and then I generally spend 15 min on the phone with the return phone call. Sometimes I spend less time if I find out early that they are not very motivated or do not want to work with any type of broker/service/etc. I don't waste my time explaining to them that I am not a broker and do not collect commissions as these people seem to get upset when anyone other than someone who wants to buy their home outright as a FSBO contacts them. Generally I spend around 15 min explaining the program, discussing terms, etc. I have found that people are becoming more open to creative offers as they are constantly hearing about how lousy the market is and when their phone is not otherwise ringing. I have also tried sending a second e-mail as a follow up to weed out some of the unmotivated sellers, however I find that my leads have gone flat after I send out the second e-mail. I have tweeked it several times but it still does not bring much response after the second e-mail. Calling them right back after their first response seems to be working well but I have not tried many other techniques as I have not been doing this very long. I am interested to hear what some others have been up to and their response rates?

verb, I'm of the belief that less is more. I do not want to spend 15 minutes on the phone with everyone who tells me they might be interested. That will eat up your time quickly and the frustration even quicker. Instead, I try and give a brief overview of the advantages followed by my suggestion to send them an offer with some specific numbers. It's a 10 minute conversation at most, and often it's less.

Short Offer goes out ASAP, with a follow up within 24 hours if I don't hear back from the homeowner. At that point I know if they're interested or they're not. If you find yourself battling the homeowner to gather some info, if they are questioning your background and are demanding references and copies of the contracts for their attorney to review, it ain't happening. Save your time and energy and move on.

Nice sig, by the way, verb. :blush: