The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
birtane

Exclusive Realtor?

Hey guys.

Hope everybody had a great holiday weekend.

I am back to the forum. Had been away for a while but still reading and learning from the forum every day.

I have approached a Realtor that I like. I told her what I want to do and what I want her to do for me. She said she agrees to assist me with anything pertraining to RE, but she wants me to sign an agreement between ourselves stating that she will be my exclusive Realtor and I will work only with her. Should I sign this agreement? Is this common? Do you guys do it too?

Thanks

Hey guys.

Hope everybody had a great holiday weekend.

I am back to the forum. Had been away for a while but still reading and learning from the forum every day.

I have approached a Realtor that I like. I told her what I want to do and what I want her to do for me. She said she agrees to assist me with anything pertraining to RE, but she wants me to sign an agreement between ourselves stating that she will be my exclusive Realtor and I will work only with her. Should I sign this agreement? Is this common? Do you guys do it too?

Thanks

As long as you both have an understanding (in writing) as to what each of you will bring to the table, how the relationship can be terminated, etc., I dont' see a problem. Work on the agreement and then bring any further questions back to the forum.

I wouldn't agree to any arrangement that restricts my dealings with other Agents. But if you think it is beneficial to have this Agent exclusively represent you, review the agreement carefully before signing. Know what your obligations are and what it takes to cancel the arrangement should you want to.