The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
MichaelGibson

Postcard Marketing & Out-Of-Area Sellers...

Two quick questions:

1. If you wanted to put together a postcard campaign, who would be your target market, i.e., out-of-area owners, probates, tired landlords, etc.?

2. When you have an out-of-area landlord/seller, who do you have show the property, i.e., a real estate agent, the homeowner, someone you hire, etc.?

Two quick questions:

1. If you wanted to put together a postcard campaign, who would be your target market, i.e., out-of-area owners, probates, tired landlords, etc.?

My postcard campaigns are to absentee owners. I use other campaigns for the "tired landlords."

2. When you have an out-of-area landlord/seller, who do you have show the property, i.e., a real estate agent, the homeowner, someone you hire, etc.?

Leasing agents :-)

1. post cards to MLS listings

2. homeowner for showings, or rep. if staying in a specific market

MG, everyone will have their preferred list to mail to. Try different campaigns and track the results to see which gives the best bang for the buck.

As for showings, most homeowners who are out of the area had someone chosen to show the property for them, be it a friend, neighbor, relative, etc. So that shouldn't be an issue.

As for showings, most homeowners who are out of the area had someone chosen to show the property for them, be it a friend, neighbor, relative, etc. So that shouldn't be an issue.

How about the situation where the homeowner still lives in the home and I live far enough away where I couldn't show it?

Better still. You have a live-in assistant. When faced with this situation I tell the homeowner you sell the house, (features, neighborhood, schools, etc), and I'll sell the deal. Usually works out well.

Personally I like the following...

For wholesaling and flipping

40-100 Equity

Last sale date of 15 years (although eliminates most inherited and quick claim prospects)

3-5 bedroom

More then 1 Bath (less then one bath houses suck)

Single Family Residences

30k minimum equity

500,000 maximum value

Take this result and divide it into four groups

1) Absentee Out of state mailing address

2) Absentee in state mailing address out of city

3) Absentee in city mailing address

4) Owner Occupied