The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
<Steve>

First Rep & First Deal

I actually advertised for a "Leasing Representative" today and got at least a dozen responses. I contacted the best person who works as a Leasing Agent already and would like some commission work in the evenings and weekends, or by appointment during the week, without making a commitment to clocking in and out.

This was just one simple ad on Craigslist.

I'll let you know how it works out.

Tim

Nice one Tim. Now if we could just get an agent to call the sellers and sign up the deals for us too...:blink:

I actually advertised for a "Leasing Representative" today and got at least a dozen responses. I contacted the best person who works as a Leasing Agent already and would like some commission work in the evenings and weekends, or by appointment during the week, without making a commitment to clocking in and out.

This was just one simple ad on Craigslist.

I'll let you know how it works out.

Tim

Nice one Tim. Now if we could just get an agent to call the sellers and sign up the deals for us too...:blink:

I'm actually gonna work on that part...."One step at a time"!!

I just brought an agent on board to do the marketing and showing of the properties. Working really nice so far!

I just posted in the "Real Estate Jobs" section that I need a Realtor to help lease my houses.

The lady I ended up hiring is a young agent just getting started and she is hungry - and it is working out really nice.

Sounds to me like you all can solve Obama's unemployment problems. Who needs a stimulus plan when there's an army of Naked Investors creating jobs!

I just brought an agent on board to do the marketing and showing of the properties. Working really nice so far!

I just posted in the "Real Estate Jobs" section that I need a Realtor to help lease my houses.

The lady I ended up hiring is a young agent just getting started and she is hungry - and it is working out really nice.

Nice! What type of arrangement did you set up with the realtor?

It just hit me that you said she's doing the showing and marketing of your properties. So she's not just showing it to your t/bs, she's finding the t/bs for you too. Sweet!

Here is the list of tasks my agent is handling:

- meeting with seller to get lockbox on house.

- taking the pictures.

- marketing

- showings

- taking applications

- getting their signatures on the lease and collecting check.

Now, I am paying her well, at least I think it is well. I am paying her an amount equal to one months rent on the deal - when the tenant moves in.

I tried this previously with an agent that only wanted $500 - but she really didn't understand what I did, nor was she willing to learn. So I moved on....

I pay for the lockbox and I also pay for and place the bandit signs in the yard and around the neighborhood - with her phone number on them.

So far it is working great with this agent! She is sharp and hungry. She is a new agent - former school teacher - that wanted more time at home with her young child. She works during nap time and is free evenings and weekends for showings, etc.

Hope that helps!