The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Chris43

Do you assign back to the Seller or to the Buyer?

Lol.. good one, MC.

I've still been using the one page L.O. memo with the seller (that spells out their terms) upfront.

Now I'm wondering since that does give us a principal interest with the seller, if I can just then create

the lease & option between us & our end buyer & assign back to the seller. Seems like I should be able to,

unless it needs to spell out in the 1 page memo that I will be assigning my buyer over to the seller upfront.

Up till now I've been assigning to the tenant/buyer, but it looks like it would be the same number of steps

needed no matter who I assign it to?

1) I get the 1 page L.O. memo signed between me & the seller with the terms they need.

2) I create the lease & an option contract between me & the seller (with the new numbers to include my fee).

3) I find & assign to the tenant buyer.

If I assigned to the seller, it would be the exact same process, except the lease & option contracts would be between

me & the tenant buyer. So it seems like the same exact number of steps.

I'm just going to keep assigning to the tenant buyers unless I see some new benefit.

Thanks,

JvM

Hi, Jay. I see no advantage of any kind in assigning the deal back to the seller. In fact, I see it as nothing more than a gimmick to sell crap. That said, I'm sure there are exceptions when a deal needs to be transacted this way. But for our typical, run-of-the-mill Cooperative Assignment, it's unnecessary. Keep it simple; if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Hi, Jay. I see no advantage of any kind in assigning the deal back to the seller. In fact, I see it as nothing more than a gimmick to sell crap. That said, I'm sure there are exceptions when a deal needs to be transacted this way. But for our typical, run-of-the-mill Cooperative Assignment, it's unnecessary. Keep it simple; if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Yeah, I was interested as to why some people prefer to do it that way (assign to the seller) & can't really seem to find any great reason for it, over assigning to the buyer (which is what I've always done). It looks like it's the same exact steps/process, only one assigns one way & the other to the other.

In the system that Joe McCall teaches he assigns his paperwork back to the Seller. Not sure if it’s necessarily a better way, just a different way to skin a cat......

Adam, this is how Joe assigned deals when he first started his "wholesaling lease options" course. I'm pretty sure I heard him recently say that he's now assigning to the tenant buyer.

Yep, Joe assigns over to the tenant buyer now.

• Like 1

Are you saying it's hip to be me again? :oB)

Yeah, didn't Huey Lewis write a song about that...