The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
moveright

B-sign response rate based on it's content

I'm about to have another batch of bandit signs placed. I've found that hand written signs definitely perform better than printed ones. Of course, to be fair, because of the fact that there's no way to predict who is going to drive past the signs or even see them on that particular day, I suppose there is no TRUE data when it comes to bandit sign response rate.

Anyway, I've been writing "WE BUY HOUSES [phone number]" and I have them put out 25 at a time always on friday night. To limit my wasted time, all my calls go straight to voicemail. Only people who really want to talk with me leave a message. I average 5 messages per 25 signs. 20% ain't too shabby, but... 3 or 4 of those want a final sale. So, I was thinking of a way to "tighten" my signs up by changing what they say. I thought about "SELL YOUR HOUSE (line 1) - LEASE PURCHASE(line 2) - [phone number]"

Before I waste 25 signs and $50 to have them placed, has anyone tried this message?

Although I don't use bandit signs, for what it's worth, I don't think putting "lease Purchase..." to attract a seller on a bandit sign will amount to much.

Why? Most sellers don't know what a lease purchase is...

Just my thought....

Michael, I agree with John here. The less said on the signs, the better. The goal of the signs isn't to explain in detail what you can do to help a troubled homeowner. They are driving past quickly and only need to know the basics: you're interested in real estate and how they can contact you.

Once the call comes in, then it's up to us to do the rest: gather some info, sell the advantages of what you're offering, etc.

This is sort of what I thought you all would say so it's now confirmed. I definitely did not want to waste any signs, they aren't cheap when you're on a shoestring marketing budget. Can't imagine what my marketing expenses will be when I start direct mailings.

Have you considered replacing "Lease Purchase" with "Rent-2-Own"? Many people either know what that is or are able to figure it out...pretty self-explanatory :blink:
Dennis, you're overestimating the average homeowner. :P

Have you considered replacing "Lease Purchase" with "Rent-2-Own"? Many people either know what that is or are able to figure it out...pretty self-explanatory :blink:

True, true; perhaps HUD should steal Geico's slogan and adapt it.

"Homeownership: So easy a caveman can do it!"

Have you considered replacing "Lease Purchase" with "Rent-2-Own"? Many people either know what that is or are able to figure it out...pretty self-explanatory :P

True, true; perhaps HUD should steal Geico's slogan and adapt it.

"Homeownership: So easy a caveman can do it!"

:blink: