The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
moveright

craigslist shut me out

well, I'm doing the 2-email system and I got this email from craigslist just now.

We've received too many mails from moverightproperties@gmail.com in a short time span.

Sorry, but no messages from moverightproperties@gmail.com will be relayed for 24 hours.

So, has this happened to anyone else? I suppose my mails will be processed and sent though right? I mean, after the 24 hours?

Craig's List seems to be hit or miss with these clamp downs. I can't find any pattern that causes them to lock your account temporarily. It happens to folks here every now and then. You can always use an alternate email to try and throw them off your trail. How many emails did you send?

Try a smaller sample size, and utilize more than one email account. That ought to keep the federales off your back for a while.

will do:) Speaking of different accounts, do you prefer on your initial email to NOT use an account that has any keywords in it that may blow your cover? like mine has "properties" in it.

I prefer to use a generic account name rather than something that may give a homeowner pause to think I'm an Agent or real estate hack. Scares 'em off from the get-go and probably results in a lower response rate.

I consistently send emails to 20 CL addresses per day, 5 days a week, with no problems. That's the "magic number" I've found that doesn't trigger that error...

I consistently send emails to 20 CL addresses per day, 5 days a week, with no problems. That's the "magic number" I've found that doesn't trigger that error...

How are you getting so many good addresses? I don't think I even get 20 per day. Well, there are hundreds, but those are just realtors spamming the FSBO board, which homeowners seem to have figured out because they don't use CL much anymore. Their ad would get thrown off the first page or two in 10 minutes or less due to all the realtor spam. I find realtor's disrespect aggravating, but CL doesn't seem to care no matter how much you complain, and neither does the board of realtors. Their strategy is obvious, however: make non-realtor methods of selling useless.

I'm able to send 20 emails to CL ads daily by:

a.) Being located in a market with enough houses on CL (though you can always expand and go "Virtual" if your own market is small)

b.) Having a system in place that requires virtually no thought or effort from myself to collect, screen, sort, and send emails to the new addresses

I find that in some CL areas there's a lot of realtor ads in fsbo section, but other areas seem to be mostly real fsbo's. It sucks that you have to deal with it, but it really isn't the end of the world, you CAN work around it :blink: