The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
SteveG_Pa

How would you respond to this seller?

Steve,

My husband and I separated at the end of last year. He had been providing support payments that covered all of my bills for the house and our children. A couple of months ago, he stopped. Since then, I have had trouble paying all the utilities and the mortgage etc... Now, I find it necessary to sell the house because it's the only real asset that I have. As far as the amount of debt I would have to payoff with the sale, it's over $30,000.00. I need that much to be able to move to an apartment that is big enough for three, and start with a clean slate, so to speak.

I am really only looking for an outright buyer for the house. If you know someone who might be interested in buying a house that needs a bit of work, maybe a person who is handy with some basic interior work, this house could be beautiful. It has lots of charm, and the woodwork is amazing.

Thanks for the inquiry and if you might know someone who might be interested please let me know.

Melissa

'Im curious how you reply to someone who basically tells you they need the money to move etc

Most every homeowner says they need all cash today. I think it's in the script they receive when they become homeowners. :blink: In this case, though, I believe Melissa. She's hurting and cash is king for her.

If you want to try and make a buck on this one, get a Pure Option on it for the best price you can negotiate, market the heck out of it, and find yourself a buyer.