The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
moveright

How do you pay yourself?

Been thinking of this and since I've yet to complete a payout deal, I was wondering ahead of time. When you get a check for $3k, what do you do with it? I figured half stays in the company account and the other half to you?

Great question! Since you are just starting out, there really isn't a rule about what you pay you and what you leave in the company, but I think you should do a personal budget, so you know how much you need each month personally, then, as you do a deal or two, you can pay yourself what you need, and leave enough in the company to pay for the business expenses and marketing, which I'm guessing you won't really have much business expenses, unless you are doing direct mail.

When you get a check for $3k, what do you do with it?
Expensive booze and cheap women. . .or cheap booze and expensive women. . .I forget. :blink:

Since you are just starting out, I would send the check to :

PO BOX 820307 NRH, TX 76182

Then you can forget the whole budget thing I mentioned....

Women ain't cheep, unless they have summer teeth, so it must be cheep booze. :blink:

YES!!! 2 references to summer teeth within a week....what a forum!!!