The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Dmcdonald

Gov't wants your ideas for HUD homes

I was listening to the radio today and the Feds are asking for people/organizations to submit their ideas for what to do with the 248,000 homes that Fannie/Freddie own due to foreclosure:

http://www.fhfa.gov/webfiles/22366/RFIFinal081011.pdf

I got an idea: do away with seasoning! Even better: allow people to purchase them on a lease purchase! :blink:

Just thought I'd pass this along as it it has at least some bearing on us in the Real Estate business.

If the real estate market is ever to get back on track, the inventory of foreclosed homes needs to be gone. Sitting on them like they are doing now only serves to delay the return to a balanced market. Of course, saying that is the easy part. Just how to dump a quarter million properties on the market without causing a monumental crash is quite another story. I'll leave that to the powers that be in Washington.

Let Chris Dodd and Barney Frank pay for their mess. Fannie & Freddie can eat them.

The last thing we need is the gov'ment in the Lease Purchase business with it's over regulation.

Sorry my take.

Problem is, Steve, Dodd has left the building and Frank denies any wrongdoing. They're both pointing fingers at any Republican in front of them.

Well that is typical for liberals as such. Never taking resposibilty and blaming someone else. The federal government is over reaching and does more damage with what it sees as good intentions. Liberals are divorced from reality. Get the government in the Lease Purchase business and they sure as hell are not going to be looking to protect the investor. It will be the poor tenant/buyer. The solution will be over regulation and taxation, and state laws will follow.

Well that is typical for liberals as such. Never taking resposibilty and blaming someone else. The federal government is over reaching and does more damage with what it sees as good intentions. Liberals are divorced from reality. Get the government in the Lease Purchase business and they sure as hell are not going to be looking to protect the investor. It will be the poor tenant/buyer. The solution will be over regulation and taxation, and state laws will follow.

Let me be the first to lay the foundation: Steve for Congress! :D

lol I would end up hitting somebody. Just to many extremist wacos. :D

OMG Violent right-wing rhetoric! :P

I think part of the problem of the build-up of foreclosed properties is the way that Fannie jerks around people that are trying to purchase those homes. I've heard homeowners in passing mention how they won't ever try to buy a foreclosed home because the Fannie Mae experience was so bad. Wish I had more background on that, but I just heard it in passing like I said.

After seeing a previous post from Steve...I think...about this...I was borderline submitting a proposal to certain people such as Sen. Jack Reed and just see what happens.

I believe Sept. 15th was the deadline...so...let's see what happens....

I'll work on that in between working on a cure for liberalism....

OMG Violent right-wing rhetoric!
:D We're all family here, figured I could let my guard down. And there are right-wing wacos too. :P

After seeing a previous post from Steve...I think...about this...I was borderline submitting a proposal to certain people such as Sen. Jack Reed and just see what happens.

I believe Sept. 15th was the deadline...so...let's see what happens....

That's cool, should be interesting if you get a response.

I'll work on that in between working on a cure for liberalism....
I'll be first to buy a bottle. It's all I can do to understand them.