The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Alan

marketing to other websites besides CL

Has anyone had marketing success to other web sites besides CL? It seems very hard to find fbso's and frbo on sites like backpage and kjiji.

There are a ton of listed houses and rental companies doing the advertising. Does anyone have any ideas how to weed them out?

Every once in a while I'll sweep through the FSBO websites (Isoldmyhouse.com fsbo.com owners.com, etc.) and grab telephone numbers and/or send messages through the site (same concept as CL marketing). Only once did I get a call from one of the websites asking why I sent so many messages in a short period of time.... told 'em I was looking for a rent to own in the area and know that most of the people selling aren't willing to do RTO, and he said "Okay, I'll put them through for you..." haha.

But as for your question for weeding out the junk leads, make a list of key words that would ONLY appear in the ads you didn't want.... and filter your craigslist search to exclude any ads with those words in it. That would be the easiest way...

Let me add, don't hesitate to flag those damn Agents who insist on posting in the FSBO section. May not stop 'em, but it will at least make them repost and possibly get them a vacation from the Admin.

Let me add, don't hesitate to flag those damn Agents who insist on posting in the FSBO section. May not stop 'em, but it will at least make them repost and possibly get them a vacation from the Admin.

Thank you.

Thank you.

I like using Search Tempest for craigslist. In addition to being able to blacklist AND whitelist by keyword, it can also open multiple instances of craiglist in the same window. in other words, it will open not just the city nearest you but any other cities which have craigslist boards based on mile radius. super easy.