The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Thetattooedinvestor

New to the forum...just a general Q about strategy...

Hi...I just wanted to see if most here are wholesaling L/O's or are doing full blown sandwich deals? What variables cause you to choose one or the other? Thanks....I've focused on wholesaling only, but I definitely like the multiple streams a sandwich deal brings to the table....

Mike

Hello, Mike. I won't speak for others, but personally I am doing Cooperative Assignments. Sandwich leases were the way I started back in the day. But markets change and so must our approach to them. In my part of the world, SFRs don't cash flow. So being in the midldle of the deal makes no sense. Thus, we use CAs to fill the void. While there is more money to be made with a sandwich deal, it all comes down to the numbers. If they don't work you can't force the deal. The path of least resistance, my friend.

By the way, Cooperative Assignments are not wholesaling lease options. Saying so is a complete misrepresentation of the strategy. They are the opposite, in fact. We are putting together a deal with the homeowner whereby they are receiving full retail price. Where's the wholesale part of this?

Hello, Mike. I won't speak for others, but personally I am doing Cooperative Assignments. Sandwich leases were the way I started back in the day. But markets change and so must our approach to them. In my part of the world, SFRs don't cash flow. So being in the midldle of the deal makes no sense. Thus, we use CAs to fill the void. While there is more money to be made with a sandwich deal, it all comes down to the numbers. If they don't work you can't force the deal. The path of least resistance, my friend.

By the way, Cooperative Assignments are not wholesaling lease options. Saying so is a complete misrepresentation of the strategy. They are the opposite, in fact. We are putting together a deal with the homeowner whereby they are receiving full retail price. Where's the wholesale part of this?

Makes sense...and agree with the comment about it not being called "wholesaling"...borrowed that term from another guy i know...more accurate, as you say, to call it a CA...thanks...