The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
mpine

New Identity

I see in the topic for this forum "new identity" and I am wondering how easy this is to really do? And how would one go about doing it?

I know i run into people who made a lot of mistakes 3-5 years ago that are still haunting them, and probably will for a long long long time as I dont see some creditors ever stopping to re-report certain things like payoffs.

Thanks,

Mike

I see in the topic for this forum "new identity" and I am wondering how easy this is to really do? And how would one go about doing it?
Mike, I was being a bit facetious when I wrote that :D . Hopefully, none of us here need to go to such extremes to run from a checkered past.

However, if you do, I know a good plastic surgeon in Colombia, and I have some contacts in a remote village in Sicily :ph34r: .

Please send lawyers, guns, and money for additional information :) .....

In the meantime, perhaps our in house Tax Man will pop in with some astute information.

Michael,

I thought it might be somewhat of a joke... I also figured, if it is possible, what a great way to help T/Bs get that financing in the end. Of course the better the risk the TB is, the more profit we can make.

-Mike

I see in the topic for this forum "new identity" and I am wondering how easy this is to really do?  And how would one go about doing it?

Mike,

There are a couple of legal ways to establish a new "identity".

The first involves joining the witness protection program. If you qualify, then you are probably not really big into real estate investing because you want to keep a very low profile.

The second is to establish a business entity with a separate tax-id. The more activity conducted in your business name, the easier it is for your business to qualify for credit. After a couple years of operation and a track record, apply for a Dun and Bradstreet rating for your business entity. With a good D&B rating, it should be a piece of cake to get "corporate" financing whenever you need it to fund your deals. I realize that this does not really give you a new identity, but establishing a "corporate" identity with its own credit rating does allow you to disassociate your personal credit from your business activities.

This question is not really within the intended scope of this forum, and perhaps is better addressed by professional credit counselors.

Vinnie the Thumb can help with the Federal Witness Program strategy...contact him through me if you need him. :unsure:

Mike P. :D

The Legal Eagle