The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
baron14

Road Blocks

Hi Guys,

Hey I've gotten a couple of responses, after sending the first email, from the FRBOs on CList stating they may consider doing a long-term lease and selling at the end of the lease term.

But here are some of the road blocks I've gotten from them to stop me from moving forward:

1. "Contact my agent" - (wouldn't the owner know best about their own property??)

2. "Tell me a little about yourself"...."do you live or work around here?"

3. "I need you to fill out an app and need a credit report"

4. "Is this for you or somebody else?"

5. "you must come see the propertry first and meet in person"

How do you handle and get past these road blocks to complete a deal?... Or when you hear this type of response just skip and go to the next prospect? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

baron

Hi Guys,

Hey I've gotten a couple of responses, after sending the first email, from the FRBOs on CList stating they may consider doing a long-term lease and selling at the end of the lease term.

But here are some of the road blocks I've gotten from them to stop me from moving forward:

1. "Contact my agent" - (wouldn't the owner know best about their own property??)

2. "Tell me a little about yourself"...."do you live or work around here?"

3. "I need you to fill out an app and need a credit report"

4. "Is this for you or somebody else?"

5. "you must come see the propertry first and meet in person"

How do you handle and get past these road blocks to complete a deal?... Or when you hear this type of response just skip and go to the next prospect? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

baron

Walk away Baron. YOU are in control of this. YOU are solving THEIR problem of not being able to sell. It is my experience that if a seller is actually interested AND motivated, there are very few questions other than the basic mechanics of Lease Purchasing. I'm working with a seller right now and after I sent them some preliminary numbers, the only question they had was "Mike, I like this. How soon can we get someone in there?"

Baron, those replies are precisely the reason I use a two email approach, with the second email getting into some detail so the homeowner then knows I am not looking for myself. The second email will rid you of the ones who are neither interested nor motivated, and will save you much time and frustration. Yes, the response rate will be much lower. But the ones who do respond at least know you are not looking at their house for your own personal residence. Makes things much easier.